Hitler with Pickelhaube

peter h

First photo courtesy of Glenn on another forum.

hitler1.jpg

'On to Comines! 1914 sketch done by AH.He is third from the left.

hitler2.jpg

I did not now he was actually mentioned this way in a period picture. Do you have an exact unit ID? All I know is he was somewhere in the Bavarian RIR16.

Hitler_in_WWI.gif

First from left

A good link on his unit:

http://home.comcast.net/~saviser/hitler.htm

First with the 1st Company,then with the Courier section of Bav RIR16.

From what I can establish the Bav RIR 16 HQ Courier Section in 1915 consisted of:

Leutnant Eichelsdörfer(also Regimental Adjutant)
SekondLeutnant Hugo Gutmann(later replacing Eichelsdörfer)

Runners
Hitler
Schmied
Max
Bachmann
Brandmayer
Jakl
Sperl
Inkoser
Landshammer
Tiefenbeck

Mounted Courier
Gasteiger

Doubts on the real danger in Hitler's occupation in the army should also be expressed--as far as I know only 2 of the 13 members of the section were killed in the war.

Robert said:
I did not now he was actually mentioned this way in a period picture. Do you have an exact unit ID? All I know is he was somewhere in the Bavarian RIR16.

Hitler_in_WWI.gif

First from left

This photo with his dog, Foxl, has been made in 1916 in the backyard of the billets at Fournes en Weppes, France.

May I add this picture of Hitler with Pickelhaube and Feldumzug in a shelter, during end 1914 or begin 1915, near Zandvoorde or Geluveld, Belgium?
hitlerbelgie1914ro2.jpg

Peter H's Picture
hitler1.jpg

has been made also in Fournes en Weppes , according to the author Nigel Thomas in 1916.
If you visit my page about Aubers Ridge - Fromelles, you will probably see that the masonry work of the background is the same as the front of the house of his billets nowadays. But I do realise, that this proves nothing at all.

303e652.jpg

Another picture of Adolf H. in the backyard in Fournes en Weppes, but without Pickelhaube. :(

2e5twk3.jpg

Back