Hmm...what to display with these...what to display......

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
From 1867 until 1909, the Sachsen Jäger and Schützen wore 82mm a Tschako Wappen similar to the infantry Wappen. The Jäger wore a silver star with gilt center overlay, while Schützen Regt Nr. 108 wore a gilt star and a silver center overlay. On 31 Aug 1909 to celebrate the centennial of Sachsen Jäger and Schützen, a hunting horn was added to the Wappen, in silver and gilt respectively.

The photo below shows a Mannschaften shoulder strap from Kgl. Sächs. Schützen (Füsilier)-Regt. Prinz Georg Nr.108, garrisoned in Dresden as part of the XII Armee Korps. With it, is a commemorative piece to celebrate the 100th anniversary. Now.....what else could I possibly display with these two pieces.... On Oct 31st I'll show that third "item".

dbh49s.jpg

Let me guess, a uniform of the regt plus the tschako? Another addition to yr 'choir' group.

Cheers,
BB

Tony,

That is entirely too much 108th stuff. I guess I will have to send you my officer's pair so that you will have the entire shoulder strap set. :D
Beautiful!

Chip

Dave said:
This would go with them...
Now you see, that is just wrong. I had no idea you had a Filz Sachsen Tschako and could I beg photos of that e-mailed to me? I have seen one for sale in the past, but never a period photo. But back to my post; you would be wrong Dave, but only because I only collect Dunkelblau. Yours are all that grey stuff! But WOW! :)

Hey Otto and Max,
Let's take the truck to Dave's house, we might have to let Chas in on it to as he is the one that cased Dave's house last year, so he knows tat lay out.
Zaphod

Back