Hmmmm......

pickelhauben

The seller says that he posted the helmet here.
Not sure if I remember seeing it.
The ball and base have been repainted.
The rivet studs look to be repo.
It has brass 91 post that have been repainted.
The wappen looks to be repainted as well.
What do you all think ?

The liner is definitely fake as it has the flesh/rough side out. You can see the “flesh filaments” in the photos. Yes to all of Mathew’s original comments. I also have never seen this posted here.

I spent about an hour looking for this helmet in any thread I could think of and nothing, it's to bad there isn't a comment section on ebay adds to refute this claim.

I keep staying on my first impession of the initial thread. About the liner, I do not think it has the flesh/ rough side out. Its surface is simply rotted as the leather of the chinstrap, creating this misleading impression.
It´a also not uncommon that some brass parts have been painted grey during the war. For me, both stamps are 100% authentics and match. Pretty sure that this helmet never saw the frontline, it could explain its great condition.
The cockades as the splits must maybe checked, possibly repros. But he price is much too high here :LOL:

Philippe
;)

Well
I do remember the post now .
In the original post the pictures were favorable.
The outside pictures tell the tale.
The issues show up in direct sunlight.
As stated before the asking price is way high but for the issues after viewing in different light , this is a total red flag for me.

Hello, this was my helmet.
Yes, it was painted at some point, which happened, and the paint is old and of the correct color.
The liner is not flesh out, it's rot, the pins as stated in OP post are fine and have been looked at.
The stamps are correct.
This helmet stinks of authenticity.
The sun and my camera show a bit different than in person. This has been reviewed a few times, until now it hasn't received any bad comments.
The price was high for best offer! It sold for $1600.
I'm at a loss for words here at some of the bad comments, honestly.
Sincerely.

Last edited:
Hello Eric
Plz do not take things to heart.
I posted the original comments and I feel them to be true.
If I held it in my hands my opinion may have changed.
But the pictures you posted on eBay showed quite a few flaws and they were not pictures you posted here on the forum.
I will stick with my original comments be they right or wrong.
This is not an attack on you but comments as I see them of the helmet posted.
Matthew

Back