Hmmmm!

A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-German-officers-spiked-helmet-pickelhaube_W0QQitemZ6579045739QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Crimson Compost?

Chas. :|

pity he doesnt know its a baverian police same as i got on , mines only 90gbp and i bet its just the same ,cant say ive ever heard of him ,has a lot of stuff on ,otto ive actually got a real one on this week well mostly ,peak has been replaced at some time im sure thx gsm

GSM:
Did you make that Bavarian police helme that the Aussies have up for sale? The Prussian officer is obviously real. Brian

99.9% sure its one ,take a look at mine on ebay,these are the first we had made about 10 years ago

Thanks Gary...I figured that it was one of yours. I appreciate your honesty. I agree with you that once you sell these helmerts as reproductions that you are not responsible for other dishonest or ignorant (people without knowledge) people selling them as originals. Buyer beware. Every collector has to educate themselves on what they are collecting. Brian

Hi gents,

Now I am worried, I bought a M15 kurassier several years ago from crimson, well, before he has the crimson shop, this guys's name is name is Danny.
I had checked throughout and the kurassier seems ok, but could you guys pls help me to verify it again, pls.

Thanks,
Bambang

last 2 pics, thank you, Otto, for teaching me how to post pics :D

There is a maker's mark: Helbing u sackewitz

Thanks
Bambang

Hi Bambang:

The helmet looks good to me, but it also looks like the liner tongues have been replaced. Metallhelms were rough on leather liners; therefore, this is not surprising.

I don't think you need worry at all about this helmet.

Chas.

Hey Bambang,
I,ll throw in a quick comment before the experts arrive(I,m still a rookie)-I have this helmet with the same manufacturer and a 1916 date-I believe your cockades and your liner are incorrect.How long till your a daddy? Are you changing your name to 1littleweasel?-Alan

Hi Chas and Al,

Thank you for the reply.
Chas, is it normal for a metalhelme to have a replaced tongue? Was it replaced during wartime or post war?

Al, yes, mine is also stamped 1916, do you have any pics of yr kurassier?
I will be a daddy in March 2006! :D :D We are very excited now, have been reading lots of books abt how to syimulate the baby and what to do after :D
Well, perhaps i will change my name to 1littlehamtaro :D

Thank you, guys
BB

Hi All
Here is my M15 Khurassier's helmet for chompairison, my Khockharden are very different too, and I would agree that Bambangs's chin strap apears too think to be original, as for the different Khockharden, I would expect that the manufacturer of the helmet was not the same as the manufacrturer of the Khockharden, My Lhiner is also very different too,it is very fhragile and made of phaper thin lheather.
Best wihses
Ghus
kur0018ko.jpg

kur0038bt.jpg

kur0029ha.jpg

kur0047gp.jpg

OK, OK I thoo thake chrap photos, shorry Thony

Hey Ghus man, :D

Thanks for the pics, yes, the liner does looks different. This kurassier was the 2nd haube that I bought, was relying on 'gut feeling' and excitement rather than knowledge, darn! :?
As for my liner, what is it actually, is it original? I mean, was it taken from some other kurassier or metalhelme? I just checked that itis attached to the 'prongs' rather than glued.

Thanks,
BB

Hi Bambang,
Do not be quick to lable your liner and Kockarden as wrong, one thing we have learned here is that nothing was standard, My liner is also fixed with prongs, the liner is very weak and thin, it this helmet was to be worn, the e=wearer would have to make it stronger in some way, I would guess that yours was worn and mine was not.
I think we are all looking forward to a new youngest member of the forum.
Gus

Hi Gus,

Yes, you are right, like Tony said, never says never in this hobby. But, does anyone has any M15 kurassier liner thats identical with mine? And what liner it actually is?

And Chip,
Too late, its being stimulated now! :D

Thanks
BB

Gentlemen,

Is this the correct liner for my kurassier? weasel man pointed out to me abt this helmet. It has the same maker's mark as mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6581654763&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/6581654763_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Cheers,
Bambang

Hello Great Barong,
I believe that is the type of liner that your helmet had when it was new, I would not worry about the liner it has now, I think it is a period replacement.
Gus

Back