Hollandstellung part 2

edwin

Dear all,

Recently, I visited the Hollandstellung for a second time. The Hollandstellung is a defensive line built by the Germans in 1916 and is located between Knokke and Antwerpen along the Dutch border. Last year I explored it for the first time and based on this interesting visit I decided to visit it for a second time during our recent vacation. You can find pictures of this visit on my website:

https://www.edwinvanbloois.com/photoblog/western-front-today/hollandstellung-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Edwin

Great find on those bunker line but there are more bunkers in the area of maldegem and lapscheure

I myself live in maldegem and we are farmers well my parents where farmers we had property in lapscheure so i can say that i pretty mutch now where al the bunkers are located in the area maldegem middelburg lapscheure

If you want you can contact me if you want more information on them or even want to now where the others are
in my youth i drove around with my bike and made of eatch bunker that i came across a plan its not on exact mesurements but on what i saw at that time where the entance was and where the windows
Was great fun to enter those bunkers in the dark not nowing what you would find behind the corner

Jonas

kaiser said:
Great find on those bunker line but there are more bunkers in the area of maldegem and lapscheure

I myself live in maldegem and we are farmers well my parents where farmers we had property in lapscheure so i can say that i pretty mutch now where al the bunkers are located in the area maldegem middelburg lapscheure

If you want you can contact me if you want more information on them or even want to now where the others are
in my youth i drove around with my bike and made of eatch bunker that i came across a plan its not on exact mesurements but on what i saw at that time where the entance was and where the windows
Was great fun to enter those bunkers in the dark not nowing what you would find behind the corner

Jonas

I am certainly interested in the location and additional information of other bunkers in the Marinekorps sector. Next year, we will spend our vacation again in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen (Cadzand), which is a good base to explore the Hollandstellung further.

Regards,

Edwin

Back