Hope I didn’t make a mistake!

I believe everyone agrees you were very fortunate. Many get burned on their first purchase. Search for Evaporust before you touch that shell with steel wool.

Look at that issued Line eagle Wappen. Very difficult to find. Correct for Line Kürassier right up until 1914. 'Beefed up' like an M1871 with no cut-out between the wings and legs, but vertical tail feathers. Perfect.

Kurassier.jpg

Last edited:
I believe everyone agrees you were very fortunate. Many get burned on their first purchase. Search for Evaporust before you touch that shell with steel wool.

Look at that issued Line eagle Wappen. Very difficult to find. Correct for Line Kürassier right up until 1914. 'Beefed up' like an M1871 with no cut-out between the wings and legs, but vertical tail feathers. Perfect.

View attachment 20035
Thank you, Tony without Kaiser. I had a good feeling about this helmet the moment I saw it but will freely admit there was an element of luck at play, here!

Thanks for the Evaporust recommendation. I will track some down.

Now, I think this helmet would display better with a pair of kokarden. Can anyone recommend a source for these? I see Prussian Glory Militaria has reproductions that might serve as decent placeholders until I can (hopefully!) acquire some originals:

9430B0EE-5D68-48EF-800A-160F32EA560A.jpeg

If there are better quality reproductions out there or - better yet - anyone knows where I might purchase originals, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Back