How to pack the Pickelhaben ?

Chlodovech

all,

In a couple of month I will be moving out of Texas and back to Scandinavia. Even though my "collection" counts only 5 Hauben, I would appreciate if you could share with me any advice about "How To Pack The Pickelhauben" for a trip across the atlantic in a container ! :(

When sending most of my items, I always pack them in 2 boxes.
First the item well protected by polyurethane foam chips in one box, then I put that box into a other bigger box, fill up the gaps with polyurethane foam chips again.
If you want to be absolutly shure I even empty a aerosol (small!!)can construction PU foam in to the boxes, be aware that the constuction foam doesn't get in touch with the item!!And leave the box open because the foam expandes.Cut the expantions and close the box.
Good luck!
|<ris

I just went through this same situation but I FedEx'd the box insured, it took 3 days to get here from New York to Germany. I sent everything else on the ship. This was expensive though, very expensive. I packed everything in nice and snug with newspaper, bubble wrap and wrapped the helmets in muslin. If you cant FedEx then make sure you pack up the box to deal with the salt air and moisture because those helmets will be on the sea for a month or two. Wrap it up air tight as best as possible and make sure you purchase some insurance.

moving out of Texas

Why would anybody want to do this after the bluebonnets this year? come back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8gsKNYy2U&feature=share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just stumbled on this old post...
I am using a "women thing", sort of beauty case, made by and for one concrete brand, called Mylene.
If I have to fetch a spike helmet or bring one, they come in handy.
Even got them a special place in the bunker, so I don't have to search them!
I get them on flea markets, etc, for less then a fiver.

Back