HR 17 totenkopf and banderol, needed.

stuka f

hello all,
found something to that will do meanwhile I am looking for my grale (....if I ever get it!!....).
It isn't the best example, but it still got lots of fur and is well marked on the inside.
Saddly missing his insignia's.
This are the sellers pic's, I will post more and better once it is in.

Time is never on your side when you want to complete a lovely piece like this, I can tell you Kris.
I´m also on the hunt for some items to complete my HR17 ...Fortunately I´ve got its Feldzeigen and Banderol...
But your fur is great ,by the way... :thumb up:

I know....he is not the only one waiting to be completed.
I got other helmets of different nations waiting to be completed too, so that makes my chances to find "something" bigger... (lo!!)
....or doesn't it work that way...! ?

stuka f said:
hello all,
found something to that will do meanwhile I am looking for my grale (....if I ever get it!!....).
It isn't the best example, but it still got lots of fur and is well marked on the inside.
Saddly missing his insignia's.

And the liner unfortunately. However, that appears to be bear fur, and worth saving.

What is your 'Grail"?

hey Tony, yes ideed; the liner too...
My grail for the HR17 section, would be a nice untouched HR17 busby!

stuka f said:
hey Tony, yes ideed; the liner too...
My grail for the HR17 section, would be a nice untouched HR17 busby!

It will come. HR17 Pelzmützen appear on the market from time to time, Leib-Husaren (originals) never.

dbh82.jpg

dbh82a.jpg

dbh82b.jpg

dbh82c.jpg

dbt38g.jpg

Hi Kris,
Tony's beautiful Pelzmuetze is covered with regulation sealskin. This other all original, untouched example has bearskin, like yours. As you know, HR17 was the only regiment with bearskin covered enlisted busbies. The yellow Fangschnurr is somehow discolored from long exposure to daylight, but of course genuine. These boxed red markings are frequently encountered at HR17.

L1030211.JPG
L1030213.JPG
L1030215.JPG
L1030228.JPG

Here comes the cavalry!
My call for help here was not in vain.
Thanks for the help from Canada ;-)
I am counting down the days until they arrive.

That's great Kris! Looking forward to seeing photos of them in their new home!!!
:bravo: :bravo:

Great catch. Happy for you!
And if the chinscales would not fit, remember that they also wore the leather chinstrap on the HR17 busby.

Back