Husar Busby at Weitze

garder

Hi

I am thinking on buying this Busby but would like to hear your opinion first.

https://www.weitze.net/detail/81/Preussen_Pelzmuetze_fuer_einen_Unteroffizier_im_Thueringischen_Husaren_Regiment_Nr_12__138081.html

I don´t see any problem with it, except perhaps the Feldzeichen that I think is a little crude...

Hope to hear your opinion...

Nothing wrong with that piece or the Feldzeichen. A very nice Eigentumstück Pelzmütze. This is the type that looks issued externally, but has soft sides unlike the cane reinforced sides of a Kammerstück piece. Would be delighted to have that example in my collection.

Just like any dealer, you need to look closely at what you are buying, His site has both good and bad.

James

spikeymikey said:
poniatowski said:
As far as I know, any headgear on Weitz can be trusted.

Ron

I er,.....think otherwise. :confused1:

Cool! Educate please, anything specific, or as stated; be careful as usual.... Doesn't matter to me either way.... I do like looking at their site!

:D Ron

Ron do not get me wrong, he has great stuff.

But if you are buying anything, just do your research like normal.

He brings the same 20 or so helmets to the SOS each year, and there are some of them not quite right.

I have purchased from him several times and been happy, just did my homework first.

James

I guess everything I've looked at on the Weitze site has looked good to me, so hence my thoughts.
I agree that dealers, like anybody else, can make mistakes or think they're right when we disagree... wasn't there something about this on the ebay thread? hmmm.

Yes, of course, look with a critical eye no matter who you're buying from, dealer, private individual, veteran. I've not bought from Weitze yet, but plan on stopping into the shop this summer... if I can.

poniatowski said:
spikeymikey said:
poniatowski said:
As far as I know, any headgear on Weitz can be trusted.

Ron

I er,.....think otherwise. :confused1:

Cool! Educate please, anything specific, or as stated; be careful as usual.... Doesn't matter to me either way.... I do like looking at their site!

It has had nothing to do with 'doing your homework'. I've had a couple of things from there which are stunning pieces that I have kept and other things that I've sent straight back because they were not very good at all. And for the prices he charges there are simply no excuses.

I agree, prices are pretty high (remember House of Swords? Good prices, but again, had to watch out from time to time). Did you send back helmets or other? I'm looking forward to stopping in there this summer if we go to Hamburg... not that I'm planning on buying anything.

I sent back two altogether, they were not up to scratch but the two I kept are really fine pieces - two of the best that I have. I guess it's a case of whenever you buy from photographs there's always an element of risk.

Back