I am new to this Forum

Neil Young

Hi Guys and Gals (the latter is an assumption). My name is Neil Young, and no I am not part of the Crazy Horse group and I can't sing at all. Since I am older than the singer, we can't say that my Mom was infatuated with him, hence my name.

I am a fairly new collector, only about 5 years. My primary interest is in Imperial German Lugers with special interest in Lugers with Imperial cavalry unit marking. Right now I have a number of Lugers, but only four have cavalry unit marks (they are difficult to find). They are the 13th Uhlans, the 19th Hussars, the 8th Dragoons and the 2nd Kurassiers. I try to collect memorabilia that applies to the regiments for which I have pistols; pipes, sabers, carbines, dress epaulets, holsters, beer steins, liquor flasks, Soldbuchs, Militarpas, regimental history books, shooting awards, photos, etc. Now to the point--I do also look for helmets to go with each unit marked pistol. So far, I have a very nice and complete Tshapka for the 13th Uhlans, a Dragoon spike helmet in good condition and a quite nice 19th Hussar Busby.

I am very interested in expanding my collection, in a controlled way (I don't want to get out of control, which I tend to do) and to learn more about this fascinating hobby. When I ask stupid questions, you don't have to be gentle with me. I usually deserve any abuse that I get, and I will get over it :oops: . I feel confident that this is an excellent place to learn.

Thanks for letting me join.

Neil

as of today i am a new member so i will welcome another new member here to the forum
just to blend in :thumb up:

jonas

Welcome! I think this forum has probably the premier Lugar collector. Brother Anderson always brings a huge selection to the SOS And this is the place for KR2 history.

http://www.naval-military-press.com/last-great-cavalry-charge-the-battle-of-the-silver-helmets-halen-12-august-1914.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you gentlemen for the welcome. I will post some photos as soon as I get my photo bucket account fleshed out and figure out the posting procedure. I've read the instructions and hopefully it will be easier than it sounds.

Neil

Yes Joe, George and I are good friends and I usually sit with him at his SOS tables. My collection is extremely small when compared to his and others that I know. However, I do enjoy each small increment of growth. In fact, he is the reason that I joined this group. Thanks for having me.

Neil

Neil Young said:
...I don't want to get out of control, which I tend to do....

Neil

That’s what I said too #-o ,but I need to find yet another storage place 8-[ ,there is no cure for the Haubevirus !

Welcome Neil.

Welcome to the Forum !

Kü Regt Nr 2... Oh yes !!

Francis

vfceqh.jpg

iqlukx.jpg

15efd3p.jpg

Sure Neil !

You wrote about the Luger pistols. Interesting ! Looking forward to see the pics !

Well, this are pictures from the Kürassier Regt "Königin" Nr 2 stables in Pasewalk. I was there on a trip last year as I was working on a book then as a co author. A book on "The Battle of the Silver Helmets" 12th August 1914.
My wife and I visited the garrison towns of the 17th and 3rd Kav Bde Regiments. Kü Regt Nr 2 was in the 3rd Kav Bde. Our book is available now !
345bok4.jpg

Kind,
Regards
Francis

July in the USA !

http://www.amazon.com/Cavalry-Charge-The-Battle-Silver-Helmets-Halen-12/dp/1781551839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Francis

Back