I just won this book on e-bay.

I know there are better books, but you know, I just could not resist..I just had to have it.
Better books? Which ones?
In my opinion these are the best ones. If you have these and Laine's "L'armee allemande in 1914" (and can read French), you have nothing to fear.
Excellent purchase.

Better books? Which ones?
In my opinion these are the best ones. If you have these and Laine's "L'armee allemande in 1914" (and can read French), you have nothing to fear.
Excellent purchase.
Thanks Bruno. I know these books are the best, it is why I bought it. Now the search goes on for volume 2.
And, I can read French, and speak French too, my ex-girlfriend was French. The search goes on..
Laine's book I am also looking for on e-bay.

For another French girlfriend?...

(Just kidding of course...)

I have two copies of vol.2. If you cannot find one I might be able to help.
Well, if you could sell me one of your copies of volume 2 I would be much obliged. Because then, I would have all of this masterpiece here at home.
I know it is relevant, and all you need. I have a lot of books from MilitariaVerlag, they are very good, but you know, I searched high and low, found volume one now,

I can only echo Bruno’s comments, if you have those three, you don’t need much else. My Laine is with me at every SOS and I have used it so much that the cover has come off and the edges of the pages are soiled from my skin oils! Unfortunately, both of these pioneering Pickelhaube authors are no longer with us. Fortunately for me, I have no problem using my High School French to read the Larcade volumes. Unfortunately for me, I never had a French girlfriend 🙃

Last edited:
BTY
I have all 3 of the books
Great reference
Vol. II the author was able to visit Doorn
and there lots of photos of K W II ' s helmets
and shoulder straps
Steve

Well my collector friends, last night I had a long conversation with the seller of the book. He personally was a friend of Jean Louis Lacarde, we spoke a lot about collecting, because the guy is also a collector. The book is on its way to me, but, I will speak again today with him, hopefully he can help me with the other volumes, or Didier Laine's book too. And, I will give him a link to this forum too. I hope he will join us here.

Congratulations to your new book. I got it too, also my school french is nearly gone (and I started from 4-). But thanks to translation-apps it was/is very helpful for me. Hope your contact will join us :)

Back