I Like Him!

Stu2067

I saw this statue and it looks quite good!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6632082869

Stuart

Arrrrgggghhhhhhh Stu are you going for this? He is unbelievably an IR 137 guy. I do 137. Long story. This is a fine item.
PR%20137%20PIPE%202.jpg

PR%20137%20PIPE%20SET450.jpg

flask137.jpg

statueMuller.jpg

Hey Joe, I thought about you when I saw this, but I mistakenly thought you were 139. What year do you figure this is from, I would guess 1890 to 1899.
Gus

I wont be bidding for it Joe, but your welcome to shoot for it!
I live in Japan, so the freight cost would kill me!

Stuart

Joe, there is an IR137 spike helmet for sale on ebay France: 6632249039
Why are you so fond of this regiment? Have you been there?
I know this town quite well (Haguenau)
Bruno

Stu --- I will doubtless pay more than this thing is worth!

Bruno,
The guy will only ship to Europe, I'm not fond of OR helmets but I am for 137. Why? Stupid reason. A long time ago I commanded an American Tank battalion that was numbered 1st Bn 37th Armor Regiment. In shorthand everyone called us 1-37. I have many fond memories of those years. So somehow that turned into finding IR137 stuff. Make sense--- no. I prefer the knick knacks to the helmet. I like the statue. I'll offer Stu visitation rights.

Hey Joe,
If it will help, I will pay you for the book I stole from you when we visited. This is some thing you have to have. Maybe the kids should know that this would make a very good father's day present.
Gus

joerookery said:
Gus don't worry about it. I got agolf bag for my B day. Kids cannot afford the statue but I can!!!
What so you mean, your kids can not afford the statue? They have a rich daddy, don't they?
Best wihses
Gus

Joe, if you want the helmet and the guy will only ship to Europe you can have it shipped to me in France and I can send it over to you in the US or bring it to Cannes if you get there this year. Does this help?

Thanks Mikey VERY kind but the statue is in Oklahoma. I am hot on this one. We are comming to Cannes. Only a day stop but we will send you more info!

Woops I got it HELMET. Ok I'm dumb. Still a very nce offer but I will pass on the helmet.

joerookery said:
Thanks Mikey VERY kind but the statue is in Oklahoma. I am hot on this one. We are comming to Cannes. Only a day stop but we will send you more info!

Woops I got it HELMET. Ok I'm dumb. Still a very nce offer but I will pass on the helmet.
Hey Joe,
Do not feel bad, I am just as dumb, I had to read the post twice before I realized that Mike did not want you to have the statue shipped to France. Come to think of it, I am guessing that it will not make you feel any better to know that you are as dumb as me, sorry.
Gus

Step Papa Joe I know I keep forgettin yer birthday but I'm Sorry .
A Tank Battalion JOE ,What type of armnour did you have?
I will keep an eye on 137th stuff as well. My friend is slwoly getting into
Imperial stuff and he wants to collect a particular Baden unit as he stayed in there Barracks when he was ober there. He is in the same boat as Tony he is a Seargent Majour in the Canadian Forces .

A Tank Battalion JOE ,What type of armnour did you have
Mark I had 58 M1A1 Heavy's in that bn. That was long ago. After that I was the G3 of the American Division in Bosnia. Played with all sorts then. After the 1st Gulf war I spent a lot of time doing stuff in the Ukraine with the Iron Division and even spent time at their T72 school. Nobody wore spiked helmets ... pity.

Back