i need HELP!!

Amybellars

Guys I need help on this thing

Bought this at SOS 2020 and one guy told me not to buy it cos it has jzp spike on a kurassier body, wish to express thanks to the guy (if he is a member of this forum) as I know he is out of concern. I was looking at more of the parts from the body but there again, with the matching patina and tight fittings of the spike, I really wonder what have happened to this piece of history

Features :
JzP spike on a Kurassier pot with brass trimming.
Early Heraldic eagle on screw post

Blue steel body or just some aging patina surface?

What have this possibly be?

Regards
Amy Bellars

Attachments

• 20200420_111337_resized.jpg
    20200420_111337_resized.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,072
  • 20200420_111344_resized.jpg
    20200420_111344_resized.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2,072
  • 20200420_111349_resized.jpg
    20200420_111349_resized.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,072
  • 20200420_111404_resized.jpg
    20200420_111404_resized.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 2,072
  • 20200420_111413_resized.jpg
    20200420_111413_resized.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,072
Isn't that Stabsordonnanzen?

They wore a JzP type Metalhelme with gilt trim and Preußen eagle. Not sure about the front and rear visor style though.

Tony without Kaiser said:
Isn't that Stabsordonnanzen?

They wore a JzP type Metalhelme with gilt trim and Preußen eagle. Not sure about the front and rear visor style though.

As far as I know, Tony, their helmet had the regular JzP front visor. Only the eagle plate differed.

Amy,

Did you remove the left side chinscale and cockade to see if there are any regiment stampings?

I see that it did indeed have a kurrasier spike attached to it at some point because of the drill holes.

John

Amy,
M15 Prussian Kurassier helmets were sometimes produced with blackened shells, therefore this combination was not impossible. This was perhaps a Kurassier Extra-Helm (private purchase), since it cannot be an Ordonnanz/Meldereiter helmet with this round visor. This hypothesis would not be supported if there was a regular maker mark in the shell...

JohnM said:
Amy,

Did you remove the left side chinscale and cockade to see if there are any regiment stampings?

I see that it did indeed have a kurrasier spike attached to it at some point because of the drill holes.

John

John, thank you for the message.

No markings at all. That was the first thing that I looked out for throughout the helmet.

911car said:
Amy,
M15 Prussian Kurassier helmets were sometimes produced with blackened shells, therefore this combination was not impossible. This was perhaps a Kurassier Extra-Helm (private purchase), since it cannot be an Ordonnanz/Meldereiter helmet with this round visor. This hypothesis would not be supported if there was a regular maker mark in the shell...

Hi Bruno

There is no maker mark at all.

It's kind of frustrating not finding any references made to it

Thank you anyway

Amybellars said:
911car said:
Amy,

Hi Bruno

There is no maker mark at all.

It's kind of frustrating not finding any references made to it

Thank you anyway

Amy,
No regiment or maker mark: for me this supports the hypothesis of an Eigentum Kurassier helmet. Some M15 Kur. helmets had a black shell and JzP officer and NCO helmets are either in silver or black.
I cannot think of any other possibility

Hi Amy

Looks like an enlisted private purchase Kurassier body (although I’ve never seen a blackened one),
with everything else added sometime later.

My two cents for what it’s worth.

Cheers,

Dennis

Back