Identification of Pickelhaube needed.

sarog

I've had this helmet in my collection quite a while and need help in its identification. Any help would be appreciated. The front plate eagle appears to be original to the shell. No extra holes are present. The top shell vent screws on and off.

See attached photos.

It seems to me a helmet beloning to a commander of a Prussian fire brigade, but I could be wrong here. I am pretty sure that there are other forum members who are more knowledgeable about this.

Regards,

Edwin

Thanks for the reply.
Viewing the helmets and helmet collections that are posted, I cannot find a helmet that resembles this one. Could it be fairly rare one?

:thumb up:

Yes, definately a fire officer helmet. Some characteristics...the crossed fire axes and fireman helme on the wappen, cruciform spike base. Quite often the fittings are in white metal as in this case and above all...the presence of visor trim on both the front and rear visors. This is always the dead give away. No German leather military helmet has the rear visor trim. I believe that the only reference book available that has pics and descriptions of fire officer helmes is the German reference book devoted solely to Wurrtemberg helmets. B

Back