I'm not sure what to think of this

joerookery

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-Imperial-German-Officers-Spike-Helmet-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ6575884480QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I'm not sure what to make of this. It has a rounded from visor, a cruciform base I don't like very much and a Dragoon lug on the rear spine. The most interesting thing is that there is a BA. IV stamp on the red visor. Might be Hessian but not BA IV. So what you all think?

Hi Joe:

If you disregard the BA IV stamp, it looks like straight Hessen Offizier to me.

PICT0152.jpg

However, I've been known to be wrong.

Chas.

"friendshipattic" was the winning bidder. It has to be Hessen.

PICT0149.jpg

Chas.

Ahhhhhh ...Chas ...will you please stop posting shots of your helmets .... I'm fed up with having to clean the dribble off of my keyboard :oops: :roll: Nice one though!!!

Yes Chas we all know who friendship attic is. Randy probably has all the missing goodies ready to put on that one. Brian

have some cheap parts going on ebay of a hesse , reproduction of coarse ,positve i have an original plate somewhere still, if any body buys it of this forum and is interested many thx gsm7

Hello Gsm7 I am certain that someone here would want an original Hessen plate so please post a pic of it. Nice helmet Chas!! Brian

Back