Imperial German Helmet and Clothing Regulations

It is indeed a great idea!
Hopefully Sandy, and other members wil post all which was posted before in other threads on the forum here, so all will be here to see.
In one topic were all can be found.

It is indeed a great idea!
Hopefully Sandy, and other members wil post all which was posted before in other threads on the forum here, so all will be here to see.
In one topic were all can be found.
Yes! I am going to move Sandy’s outstanding translations of difficult to read regulations here, to make them easy to find. Please anyone let me know if you find a thread that should be in this Forum.

This is indeed a great idea. Here are links I found of some clothing regulations with free access to download it:

Prussia:

Enlisted men:
Officers:
Others:

Bavaria:
Saxony:

Enlisted men:

Officers:
Wurttemberg:

Officers:

Last edited:
If somebody is interested: I also have the headgear excerpts from the Saxon clothing regulations for officers from 1904 and 1912. Unfortunately I can't post them for copyright reasons, but I could mail them as a gift. Just email me :)

There is a new part of Saxon clothing regulations available for free download. I added a link to the new released Saxon clothing regulations for officers from June 1, 1904 to the list above.

Dear fellow forum members,
I have made available the result of my pickelhauben measuring project in the form of an commented table in the Download Area (Pickelhauben Dimensions of all models - Summary Table.pdf) of my website for anyone who is interested. The table is based on measurements of helmets of all models that I have measured and have had measured, plus all measurements from the clothing regulations and from measurements that I found in various old books from the 19th century.
I hope the table is somewhat understandable, the color codes are explained in the legend. If a certain dimension has changed with a new helmet model, then I have marked the field in red. The colored background of the text shows whether the information is based on regulations, measurements or assumptions.

Dear fellow forum members,
I found a new clothing regulation for Wurttemberg officers from 1897 and added it to the list of Post #6 of this thread (I also uploaded it to my website). Unfortunately it contains no dimensions, but I think it is still very interesting and a must have for regulation nerds 🫣
As always, feel free to download it ;)

Back