In the Hospital

SCHUPO

Gents,

I saw the recent post on Medical Doctors and thought I would show a small group of four photos of WWII active duty Policemen that are interesting.

One photo shows three active duty WWII Policemen in the East with their truck with the Polizei eagle decal on the door. They are wearing the active service uniform with one color green body, collar, & cuffs cut in the Army style.

The other three photos show Polizeisoldat in a police hospital. The men are wearing a mix of white hospital pajamas and white HBT fatigue uniforms. We can also see a doctor in a white lab coat and several nurses in their white uniforms and nurse caps. The men's units and names, along with their date of admittance, are seen on the black chalk boards over each bed.

Most of the boards are largely unreadable except the one for the Zug Wachmeister (NCO) in the middle who came from Polizei Battalion 51 and was admitted on 10-1-43. This is interesting because this Pol. Batl. was heavily engaged in fighting as the Ist Battalion of Polizei Regiment 14 in 1943. The 51 Battalion was raised in Stuttgart under Maj. Fritz Walkhoff and served in Russland Mitte as well as Radom, Warsaw, etc. in 1939-43.

A very interesting set of photos with lots of interesting data that can be found on the men and unit. I also have a Police Doctor's uniform from this time period.

Attachments

• Gend helm truck pix.JPG
    Gend helm truck pix.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Gend helm hosp.JPG
    Gend helm hosp.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Gend helm hosp 3.JPG
    Gend helm hosp 3.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Gend helm hosp 4.JPG
    Gend helm hosp 4.JPG