India Scammers

Pontiac9999

Careful guys, there are some listings being posted (like one of mine) from India. They copied my entire listing and jacked up the price. I contacted the scammer and told him to remove it.... :x :x :x

Here is my original listing.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273027041310?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the scammer listing....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-WWI-German-Prussian-Pickelhaube-Spike-Helmet-side-leather-pieces-2/253376346311?hash=item3afe6838c7:g:7c8AAOSwSKtaYEJe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I reported the item on the scammer though not sure what ebay will do about it as there is no place to post the original listing they scammed in the report item function

Just another example of why we haube collectors have to protect each other here on this forum. :x

I must be stupid (my family will wholeheartedly confirm this :D), but I never could figure out what possible benefit a scammer derives from offering stuff for auction that he doesn't have, and subsequently can't deliver.

Look, I understand the system, but I don't understand this particular scam. A decade ago, before the eBay affiliate structure was demolished because they figured out they could keep the commissions inside their own pockets, I ran a pleasantly profitable eBay "affiliate imperium" (grin) with lots of websites where I sold stuff varying from toilet bowls via scrap gold and hybrid cars to aircraft parts and even complete aircraft - it's not that I am totally unfamiliar with the eBay system, to use some kind of understatement.

As an affiliate one was simply the "middle man", with specialized websites on any kind of subject that eBay might offer. Pretty straightforward, and everybody profited. The sellers because their stuff was brought to the attention of the exactly correct target group, eBay because it improved their turnover, and the affilates because eBay paid them commission.

But... but... but... what is the use of offering stuff that you don't have, that you're not commissioned by the seller to offer, and that you simply can't deliver? What possible benefit can such a scammer AKA "fake seller" derive from such actions?

Yes Sir-I had 3 auctions "highjacked" by leatherarmoury from India-2 were cancelled by ebay-1 I bought-wont pay and left him negative feedback. Thanks to Randy for helping me out !!!!!!!!!!

Back