Inf.Reg.96 Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt 6241225827

Broadsword

SELTEN-Pickelhaube-Spike Helmet-Casque a Pointe-SELTEN

!!!!SELTEN-Inf.Reg.96 Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt-SELTEN!!!!

Item number: 6241225827

Initially this looks very attractive however the star completely obliterates the FUEST in the center of the Wappen, when it should be aligned with the e in FUERST, with the tip of the star covering the E only (in Bowman, 1989, Volume 1.

Is this right?

Bowman also says the crest should be silver, but in Stubbs, 2004 his examples of the Schwartzburg Rudolfstadt crest are brass.

So I am confused on this.

Could this be a Prussian Line Infantry Officers helmet emended with a new / poorly fitted Schwartzburg Rudolfstadt crest? Must be tempting!

What say y'all.

Ant

Hi Ant, my two cents - It's reserve, so it's correct not to have any bandeau. That centre wappen does seem to sit very high up on the bird as you say, but this could be to accomodate the reserve cross. I notice that the crown on the centre wappen, which I think should be all silver I'm not sure, is not pierced but I think this is correct too for Sw.B.Rudolstadt. But to me it looks slightly kind of bland so.......... I dunno. The bird has no FR on it's chest so it could be that it's not a modified Prussian line plate. The landescockarde looks a rather brightly-coloured thing and there's a lot of blacking on the reverse of the plaque which may indicate some freshly soldered naughtiness.

I did'nt think this Lot wore parade trichters either, and this has an un-screw spike top. For some other reason that I can't put my finger on, I would pass on this one.

But I'm more than likely wrong and it's all fine, so dont be too put off! :D

and this has an un-screw spike top
Hi Mike and Ant,
The removeeble spike has been covered in a previous thread, it was not uncommon for non-Trichter wearing units to have removeble spiks, it would seem that it made it easer to store and transport the Helm withthe spike removed and was an option available to any purchaser.
Gus

Hi Gus, I must have missed that thread altogether. That makes sense. Where is that thread?
This could be alright then I guess, I'm just wary of that seller.

spikeymikey said:
I'm just wary of that seller.
I saw this on ebay and let out a big laugh. I mean really, the star on the Wappen is almost over the head of the chicken. I would not buy a Cpl's rank button from this seller based on the made-up helmets he flogs.

" ......made up helmets he flogs......."
Ah! - that could be why I was wary!

Tony, that chicken's just shy - its the time of year you see?

How quickly y'all forget.

It's the same helmet as the subject of the post.

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2354&highlight=#2354

Chas.

Well spotted.

This guy is pickelhaube hell!!

He does wonderful things with his soldering iron, sewing machine and spare parts.

I just realised that this guy was selling the I.R.92 EM that Joe said the star was too large on - thanks Joe! :oops: :oops:

He's making a mint on this stuff - look at 6566358078 - 2K+! and theres those nice out of whack shots again.

Back