Information on schuppenkette wanted

kaiser

A friend of mine is interested in a parade helmet that he whas offered
According to wat he told me it should be a dragoner with a black parade plume and a brass schuppenkette
But the thing he was wondering about is that the rosettes from the schuppenkette bares a flame on top or it lookes like a bomb that explodes
Sorry if it is a rare discription but cant seem to update a picture that would show exactly what i mean
Is this a correct schuppenkette or is this for a firehelmet or something else
Hope you guys can help me an my friend out

Jonas

If the feature of that bom onto the schuppenkette is regular to this type of helmet
For me its olso the first time i heard about it about this kind of schuppenkette so i could not provide hem with an answor

Did anyone else notice that the title for this posting changes??? schuppenkette vs. schubbenkette.

If you can't post a picture, maybe more information on the helmet? Officer or Enlisted? What State or Wappen?

Jonas,
The only helmet which comes close to your description was for the Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Nr.3 "Freiherr von Derfflinger" (Neumark)

Jonas,
Is this what you are talking about?

kAFGlQk.jpg

John :)

I made a little mistake in the tittle i did not now exactly how to write schuppekette
911car corrected me on that so i made the change in the tittle
#john you nailed it that is indeed the feature that i was refering to is this legit to this helmet an do you have any idea why this helmet has this feature
if you look for similar helmets they are without this feature

Jonas

kaiser said:
I made a little mistake in the tittle i did not now exactly how to write schuppekette
911car corrected me on that so i made the change in the tittle
#john you nailed it that is indeed the feature that i was refering to is this legit to this helmet an do you have any idea why this helmet has this feature
if you look for similar helmets they are without this feature

Jonas

The only unit that I can find that wore this device is Prussian Dragoon Regiment #3.
From the photos in Randy's book it appears that the chinscales are brass but the other fittings are silver.
This may be different for the Landwehr and reserve of this unit where the fittings all appear to be brass (gilded).
The first and second battalions of this unit wore a white plume. The third battalion wore a black plume.

John :)

Using Laine's book, I can confirm that John is correct.....Grenadier-Regt. zu Pferde Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumarkisches) Nr 3. This is a very odd title for a Dragoner Regt but obviously, has a Historical explanation . Laine shows Neusilber fittings and Grenadier Wappen with contrasting brass scales (bursting silver bomb) and stars for officer. The OR's issue helme is the same except neusilber split brads holding the spike base down on the shell. A black parade trichter is being shown by Lainer for the entire Regt, established 1704, based at Bromberg, 11AK. A Prussian Dragoner Regt which wore the Grenadier wappen with silber bombs on it's scales...one of a kind and extremely rare!

Are there more helmets that have the same feature with that bursting bomb than grenadier regiment zu pferde von derffinger nr 3
Or is this the only regiment that had this kind of previlege
What thus it represent that bursting bomb on those scales

kaiser said:
Are there more helmets that have the same feature with that bursting bomb than grenadier regiment zu pferde von derffinger nr 3
Or is this the only regiment that had this kind of previlege
What thus it represent that bursting bomb on those scales

The "bursting bomb" is actually a grenade and is usually associated with grenadiers (US Army it is Ordinance) in European Armies. Check out the cartridge box on this Grenadier http://www.ltr-verlag.com/déstockag...-0-50-chaque-de-l-armée-prussienne-1757-1763/ (click on image to enlarge.

Back