Interested in pictures of some uniforms of the Kaiser?

huisdoorn009qr1.jpg

The discussion in this topic and in the topic about the Kaiser’s Mausoleum, in particular the contributions of Tony & Kaiser, Liongules, Mark, Joerookery, and Brian, did encourage me to make a Special Theme Photo Impression about the place of exile of Kaiser Wilhelm in the Netherlands. As you will notice in the short texts accompanying the photo’s, the interesting discussion here inspired me, for which I am grateful to the persons mentioned by me here.

So, this time I would like to draw your attention for a this new photo impression, particularly meant for my supporters overseas and my friends of Pickelhaubes.com-forum, who are hardly able to visit ever the far away Netherlands.

I tried to give you an impression of the Estate, the Manor, the Mausoleum and the interior of Huis Doorn.
The interior photo's are, as explained on the page itself, scans of postcards, I bought at the Museumshop of Huis Doorn.
Of course I did post also some perhaps interesting period photographs of His Imperial Majesty in the pages. May be these could be the reason for you to visit these 3 pages.

As you will notice in the first photo page, I have a tiny personal connection with Huis Doorn, which perhaps may have sparked my interest in the period around the Great War: the story of my grandfather, who often witnessed around 1923, being a forester, the Kaiser chopping tree trunks in slices.

Becoming curious? Click on Kaiser's Exile Huis Doorn .

I really do also highly recommend you to visit also the official website of Huis Doorn itself.
Not in the least for the 3 short but beautiful streaming movie clips of the Kaiser at Huis Doorn.

I do hope you will enjoy these new pages. Please, leave me your comments here, or in my messageboard overthere.
Thanks a lot for supporting my site, being a member, your attention at this moment, and visiting my pages!

Pierre

Pierre, I very much enjoyed your virtual tour. I was also disappointed that I could not take photos inside. Here is a photo of the graves of the Royal Dachshunds, including his beloved Senta, who was with Wilhelm throughout the war at all times. Senta was 20 when he died!

royal_dackels1.jpg

royal_dackels2.jpg

@ Tony & Kaiser.
Thanks for your kind comments, in particular because you have been at the estate, you know the situation by your own experience!
So , you are one reliable observer here, who confirms my impression. :D
The story of Senta, you mentioned (perhaps partly) above, helped me to mention some facts about the dogs, not in the least the correct English name.
As I wrote before, I owe a lot to you, helpful guys, here. :bravo:

Pierre

Back