Interesting marking RGt 100.

I thought this GR.100's marking was interesting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/casque-a-pointe-spike-helmet-pickelhaube-saxon_W0QQitemZ150452856501QQcategoryZ79243QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4712.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BFICS%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D350364002131%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7933234087248304047#ht_500wt_949

I think it is more than interesting! Figured it would be saxon. Could you ask him in French if we could get a copy of that e-mailed and add it to our list?never seen that before! Good find.

OK,Joe - I'll ask him asap.

I've never seen that before and I was expecting a few more 'luxury' features like the more elaborate liner but it seems pretty stock? But I know there was a great range of choice in this matter.

It looks like a good helmet from what I saw but I wonder if that rear spine has been off and on again at some time?

I don't know Mikey. Looks pretty good to me. Not the most common helmet and with the correct unit markings. He certainly is getting a lot of interest in it and quite a price. Maybe I'm still living in the 60s. :cry:

I think it's a good piece and very scarce as you say. I just think someone's beaten out that spine at some time - maybe it had pulled away from the shell - too bad as it's a bit deformed now, I would have left it alone. Nevertheless I'd go for it if I was flush.

spikeymikey said:
// I've never seen that before and I was expecting a few more 'luxury' features like the more elaborate liner but it seems pretty stock? //

Mike, this is an issued helmet that was sold to an individual. Another stamp option would be Verkauft.

Where's that Homer icon when you need it. "D'oh!"

Thank's Tony - I'd forgotten that option - if I ever really knew it? Of course, they did buy an issued item sometimes didn't they. I've seen 'Verkauft' before, but not this.

Here is the thread that clarified this murky area for me. Well worth the read and saving the text in your files.

http://pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30254&highlight=#30254

Thank's for that also, Tony - I'll do just that!

Still no word from the seller about the stamp - but no news is good news, eh?

Back