Interesting movie: Beneath Hill 60

Beneath%20Hill%2060%202010%20DVDRip.jpg

My Great War Aficionado Friends, today I published an bilingual editorial, an account of my experience of viewing an excellent and recommendable movie about Minewarfare: “Beneath Hill 60 – The Silent War”. You may read this concise article in the language you prefer, being it English or Dutch. Did you also see this movie? Share your opinion here, please, in this topic or in a reaction box on my website. Thanks in advance for your visit.
Click Here: http://pierreswesternfront.punt.nl/?id=520254&r=1&tbl_archief=&

Pierre

Great !

I don't want to compare with other movies: but: this is excellent. Outstanding ! The best I've ever seen.

No nurses in spotless uniform at 100 yds behind the frontline this time.
(Not that I have problems with nurses in (or without) spotless uniforms :cool:... )

I read the book "Beneath Flanders Fields" by Peter Barton and Johan Vandewalle. A must on your bookshelf. (Like all of his books !)So I know something about camouflet charges and listening posts, the length of the canaries claws, blue clay etc...I expected all this in the movie; I was right.

And important too: Fritz speaks German quiet well...

Oh yes, and a bit of a romance, but Down Under, not in Zwarteleen (Ieper-Ypres-Flanders-Belgium)

Rgds,
Khukri

And don't forget to visit Pierre's website !
Dank U Pierre !
Great job !

Khukri said:
Great !
And don't forget to visit Pierre's website !
Dank U Pierre !
Great job !

I HAVE TO STOP visiting Pierre's website. Every time I do I forget about the time and I get in trouble...!!! :D

However, thanks a lot, Pierre!

Marco

@ Khukri, Marco, and my old friend, George. Thanks a lot for your kind words of appreciation! Always welcome! Sorry, Marco, you sometimes get in trouble staying too long on my website. :D

It is good to read, Khukri, that you totally agree with me, and that you added also some interesting details about this movie! Indeed the Germans do speak German in this Australian movie! :bravo:

And rather boring for this discussion: I am glad too, Khukri, that there is also someone else, who considers Barton’s book a must on the book-shelf. All details, as you write us here, explained in the book are in one way or another to be found in the movie. The historical adviser of this movie deserves a citation!!! :D

Guy's where are you buying the DVD to play on USA players?

I tried Amazon and others, and they all come up with book only? I must be doing somthing wrong?

thanks

James

You're welcome, Eric. Thanks, Peter.
James there might perhaps be some confusion about the titles.
The book of Barton, mentioned here by some fellow viewers, is called "Beneath Flanders Fields". The movie is called "Beneath Hill 60".
The book is really extra-ordinarily good.

James - I'm glad you spoke up. I reviewed my Amazon order and what I ordered was the damn paperback of Beneath Hill 60. I had gone to "movies and TV" and saw "DVD" somewhere but in my haste failed to notice that I was ordering a book!
So, the question does remain, where can the DVD be had?

Eric

Back