Introduction

Brandon M

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Brandon (obviously) and I am from northeast Tennessee, USA. I am completely new to the world of Pickelhaubes, but my love of unit marked Imperial Lugers has now led me down the path of accessorizing, so here I am trying to learn before I get burned. If any of you are members over at the Jan C. Still Luger Forum you will recognize me by the same name over there.

In any case, I am looking forward to getting to know the members here, and learning all that I can.

-Brandon

Welcome! Pickelhaubes go well with lugers by the way !

And yes, please ask away. This is a good community with many knowledgeable people who can help you avoid getting scammed or burned on a purchase.

Hey Brandon. I'm glad that you decided to join us. To the other members here, I know Brandon from our jointly held love of Lugers and their accessories. He is an avid collector and a great young man. He deserves a hearty welcome.

Welcome to the forum! As mentioned previously, we have many members with lots of good knowledge about pickelhauben, so as long as you ask questions, I’m sure you won’t have to worry too much about being burned!

Well, I figured I would be in good company here, and now that I see Neil is here, there can be no doubt.

Pontiac, I enjoy all Lugers, but I have been working on a special project involving artillery Luger accessories. I am two AEG snail drums away from having an original P-Kasten filled with five AEG snail drums, dust covers, and AEG snail drum loading tool. I have attached a photo of some of the accessories. Once I have completed the set I will take better photos of the entire box.

PXL_20230520_195524115.jpg

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I have to admit, I was unaware of this site until I found it while researching the Reichs Gendarmerie after being fortunate enough to obtain two R.G. marked Lugers from the Jan C. Still collection. I am hoping to make an R.G. pickelhaube my first foray into this new area of collecting, as I think one would go great with the Lugers and R.G short sword that I just picked up.

-Brandon

Welcome to the forum Brandon,

I usually try to warn new collectors about the rabbit hole they are about to enter and the financial situation that is attached to that journey, but by the looks of your picture above and the quality of the items pictured not to mention the fact that you're trying to fill an original Kasten with drums I'd say your already down the hole and have been there for some time and just discovering a side tunnel. ;)

Again, welcome and I'm really looking forward to seeing your posts, I really like those ersatz carriers. (y)(y) regards John Josef

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Brandon (obviously) and I am from northeast Tennessee, USA. I am completely new to the world of Pickelhaubes, but my love of unit marked Imperial Lugers has now led me down the path of accessorizing, so here I am trying to learn before I get burned. If any of you are members over at the Jan C. Still Luger Forum you will recognize me by the same name over there.

In any case, I am looking forward to getting to know the members here, and learning all that I can.

-Brandon
Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the Forum! We are practically neighbors; I live in middle Tennessee. I am not Pickelhaubes collector, rather know here for my posts regarding Victorian and Edwardian British Army dragoon and home service helmets in my collection; you can see most of my posts under the "general headgear" category. I thought I would share an item I am shopping around to find a new home for since it too is not an area of collecting for me... a 1917 DWM produced Artillery Luger... pictures attached... I also have a 1936 S/42 Luger as well, both all matching serial numbers with the exception of the magazines. I hope you will take a look at the attached pictures.

Again, welcome to the Forum. You will find the members here extremely knowledgeable and very willing to share the depth and breadth of their knowledge and expertise with a simple request, just a marvelous international collector community!

Cheers,

DavidIMG_1484 (2).JPG

IMG_1485 (2).JPG

IMG_1488 (2).JPG

IMG_1487 (2).JPG

IMG_1491 (2).JPG

Back