Invasion of Canada planned

cliffn said:
Gustaf said:
Hey Mark,
We really sucked you red coats in on that raid, not only was the silver and gold pewter and brass, but we made out like a bandit on the insurance payments from the damage you hooligans did to the president's house when you robbed the place and torched it.
Gsu
Hey Gus,
You noticed that we also took your avatar. hehe heh heh . :D

Umm, No? Did I mention that I am a little slow?
Gus

HI Gus,
False alarm. It must of been my computer. For awhile, your avatar did not come up. I thought that it got sent into no mans land. Then I post about your avatar and then it came up. Thats all. Take care.
Cheers,
Cliff

We have returned. We landed basically unopposed in Halifax. Snuck in under cover of darkness. After breakfast, we stormed ashore and pillaged the town. We bought only what was necessary. Later in the day we stormed the Citadel and bribed our way past the kilted guard. We drank all sorts of Scotch inside the fortress. We looted the regimental crystal.

It started to rain, and we look down at the hoards of people that were gathering around to worship Sir Mick. That's right, we used the cover of the confusion of a Rolling Stones concert to thwart the counterattack.

Safe within the Citadel and drinking our Scotch. We reminisced about how the stout Canadians performed so remarkably well in 1915 when faced with a horrible three letter word. Gas.

To our dismay, we found the Canadians still stout and performing brilliantly despite another three letter word: tax.

Our newfound friends from the Canadian Regiment were paying up to 50% income tax, as well as 14% sales tax! With deepest respect we withdrew back to the boat. We decided to let them have Canada for the time being. We could not afford the taxes.

All we could do is have another lobster on the boat. We heard that people were paying from $300-$600 a ticket for the Rolling Stones concert. They were sitting outside, and it was raining.

hope you all are enjoying the trip and that the citadel was worth the trip.
If you can see the ship in the Harbour of Halifax the HMCS Sackville ( painted wartime disputive) could be worth a look .
Mark

Back