IR 126

hefger

Hello,

I keep for me "reservisten taffel" in color, a few of the "black and white" when something interesting is on it; as on this one from IR126, 2 guys wearing a "cover" on their visor caps!!!!

tablea17.jpg

tablea15.jpg

tablea16.jpg

Can you please give us the name of the company commander in the photograph?

Thanks
Glenn

On 11 July 1916 this unit was involved in the capture of the Batterie de Damloup near Fort de Vaux and the Ouvrage (concrete stronghold) de la Laufée near Verdun. See for example this battlefield nowadays: http://pierreswesternfront.punt.nl/?id=414014&r=1&tbl_archief=&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
By the way: If my messages about pointing to battlefields, where mentioned units were active, are boring , please, just tell me, and I will stop at once.

What year is this photo? I have one from the 126th dated 1891, and another dated 1900. Same backdrop and signs I believe are being used.

Great photo!

Hello,

as soon as I have the time, I'll will have a look on the pictures, and give you the answers at yours questions

regards

hefger

Photo of the 6th Kompanie, Infantrie Regiment 126. These men have completed their compulsory time on aktiv duty, and are now moving into the Reserve phase of their military service. Dated 1888-1891. The men pictured here would have been amongst the first German Alte Armee troops to transition from the new black powder cartridge Infantrie Rifle 71/84, to be armed with the newer smokeless powder cartridge Rifle 88 in 1889/1890.

Infanterie-Regt. Nr.126 Großherzog Friedrich von Baden (8.Württembergisches)
(home station in Straßburg i. E.) XIII Armee Korps.

6242015081_8c1dbc0c12_b.jpg

Men of the 8th Kompanie, Infantrie Regiment 126 dated 1900. They are also passing into the Reserve phase of their service.

6323814213_7bf583fac1_b.jpg

A similar one, it is quite huge:

6298822588_c6e300416d_b.jpg

Depicting the end of the active duty of the Feld-Artillerie Regiment Nr. 15 (1. Ober-Elsässiches), now going into the reserve.

Follow the link for the entire set of this framed picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paranoid_womb/sets/72157628021821586/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone I'm sure zoomed in on that very unique cover, I zoomed in on the dog.

And smiled. I'll bet he was a good boy. :grommit: And my eyes water....

Paranoid's photograph of Feldarftillerie-Regiment Nr. 15 has a nice image of the battery commander of 3./FAR 15 in 1910, the later char. Oberst Friedrich Vogt shown below as a clean shaven Reichsheer Oberstleutnant.

Regards
Glenn

frvogt.jpg

Back