IR 92 Zahlmeister Helmet

Wonderful Hessen-Plate :bravo:
Hope we‘ll get all Zahlmeister-Plates together, would be great :)
Looking forward to see the uploads from the 2 Books, I don‘t know them :arrow:

I'll try to pass them on to night.
Meanwhile; amazing collection of front plats indeed.
Here is the link to the catalog;
http://my.page2flip.de/428677/18626879/18626880/html5.html#/36

After investigating for this Zahlmeister-Post I have found these hardcover Books for a fair price and I‘m very happy to own it now :D
39DB4C90-7010-4FDD-BC1A-58CC3502AB9C.jpeg
Here are the written informations about the „Oberzahlmeister“ out of Volume I of the Books „Uniformenkunde - Das Deutsche Heer: Friedensuniformen bei Ausbruch des Weltkrieges - Volumes I-III“):
The troops administration business was carried out by the Paymaster, who had emerged from the former "Accounting Officers". The Senior-Paymasters (Oberzahlmeister) and Paymaster (Zahlmeister) were Military-Officials (middle Officials), the Sub-Paymasters (Unterzahlmeister) were Soldiers. In general, for each government staff a Senior-Paymaster was responsible for clothing management, for each Battalion-Staff or Departmental-Staff a Paymaster and a Sub-Paymaster as "Treasurer". Cavalry-Regiments had only one Paymaster-Officer and one Sub-Paymaster, while Engineer-Battalions had 2 Officers and one Sub-Paymaster.
For all Paymasters, it was mandatory to wear uniforms like Officers. But the uniform of the Hospital-Administrationofficers, Provincial-Officers, Garrison-Administrationofficers and Clothing-Departmentofficials had badges made of white cloth instead of the cornflower-blue, lemon-yellow, light-blue or poncea-red badges. However, the Paymaster had silver buttons, which were always smooth (even for Officials, because they were Military-Officials). Accordingly they had silver Epaulette-Crescents, silver-blue Epaulet-Braids (Epauletten-Tressen) and Tress-loops (Passanten-Tressen) and Shoulders. The Military-Officials also the silver-blue Military-Officialsportépee.
The helmet had a rounded front- and rear visor and a smooth spike on a round disc, a helmet eagle with a foreign exchange band and a small eagle.
Hope my translation is correct. If not, here is the original Text in German:
Die Truppenverwaltungsgeschäfte erfolgten durch die Zahlmeister, die aus den früheren "Rechnungsführenden Offizieren" hervorgegangen waren. Die Oberzahlmeister und Zahlmeister waren Militärbeamte (mittlere Beamte), die Unterzahlmeister Personen des Soldatenstandes. Im allgemeinen war für jeden Regierungsstab ein Oberzahlmeister etatmäßig, dem die Bekleidungsverwaltung oblag, für jeden Bataillionsstab oder Abteilungsstab ein Zahlmeister und ein Unterzahlmeister als "Kassenverwaltung". Kavallerie-Regimenter hatten nur einen Zahlmeister-Beamten und einen Unterzahlmeister, Pionier-Bataillione dagegen 2 Beamte und einen Unterzahlmeister.
Für alle Zahlmeister war ständiges Uniformtragen Vorschrift, wie für Offiziere. Uniform der Lazarettverwaltung-, Proviantamts-, Garnisionsverwaltung- und Bekleidungsamtsbeamten, jedoch mit Abzeichen aus weißem Tuch an Stelle der bei diesen kornblumenblauen, zitronengelben, hellblauen oder ponceauroten Abzeichen. Die Zahlmeister hatten jedoch silberne Knöpfe, die auch bei den Beamten - da Militärbeamte - stets glatt waren, und dementsprechend silberne Epaulettenhalbmonde, silbern-blaue Epaulett- und Passanten-Tresses und Achselstücke, die Militärbeamten außerdem das silbern-blaue Militärbeamtenportepee.
Der Helm hatte einen gerundeten Vorder- und Hinterschirm und eine glatte Spitze auf runder Scheibe, Helmadler mit Devisenband und kleinem Adler.

Nice books!
Here I am with what I found.

Coming from;

Pic's are very pore and only in black and white.
Good documentation was rare to find in those days....

Very nice Baden example James. I have never seen one before. I collect to Baden, so now I have yet another Wappen to keep my eye open for.

Shameless Plug >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/wantlist_wappens.htm

Seeing as this has turned into a very interesting Zahlmeister thread, here is my Sachsen Zahlmeister

Sachsen_Zahlmeister.jpg

And of course, the Preußen Zahlmeister

Prussian_Zahlmeister.jpg

I just came across this helmet for auction in Germany- does it fit in here as a Brunswick Zahlmeister's helmet?

Attachments

• H21044-L205448511.jpg
    H21044-L205448511.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 4,442
It has some of the features , but I don't know what it is . A reserve officer , I
don't see how a reserve officer could be the paymaster ? There is no small
Prussian eagle at the bottom of the front plate like on the helmet
of Jim T.
Steve McFarland

Have a look at lot 23.

https://www.versteigerungshaus.de/site/de/catalogs/66/categories/0002?postAuctionSaleOnly=false

Strange so many IR 92 Zahlmeister around.

Are they still in production?

Garde-Ulan

In the prussian regulations I found it is written that a Paymaster-Helmet looks very much like an Infantry-Helmet with a round Visor and Spikebase, a smooth Spike and a Frontplate-Eagle with „FR“ and banner. But all Fittings in silver and the Chinscale convex and also silver (the same what stuka f has posted).
The IR 92 Helmet above has a square Visor, so I don‘t think it is a Paymaster-Helmet. Unfortunately I found some more Helmets in the Internet which were called „Paymaster“, but which did not meet the characteristics above :-k

Yes. Cruciform spike base and square visor is a Militär Beamte official. Not Zahlmeister.

I have no comment on originality.

Sandmann said:
In the prussian regulations I found it is written that a Paymaster-Helmet looks very much like an Infantry-Helmet with a round Visor and Spikebase, a smooth Spike and a Frontplate-Eagle with „FR“ and banner. But all Fittings in silver and the Chinscale convex and also silver (the same what stuka f has posted).
The IR 92 Helmet above has a square Visor, so I don‘t think it is a Paymaster-Helmet. Unfortunately I found some more Helmets in the Internet which were called „Paymaster“, but which did not meet the characteristics above :-k

F7BFB131-DBEC-4F1F-8181-8C0C82D10B8C.jpeg

Heres my Saxon, originally purchased from a Kube auction but he listed it as a Pharmacist (apotheke) helmet, so now a little confused.

Back