IR92

michiel

I would like to share my latest find.

the officer Pickelhaube of the 92 regiment,

in my opinion definitely the most beautiful pickelhaube to be found, And therefore very scarce and difficult....

I'm very happy with it, and I really trust this one. It's wappen seems very well attached to the haube, with its correct ghost shadow underneath,
it has the fuerst wappen and the whole helmet has a beautiful patina that is definitely original to me,
It is very much "dans son jus".

it came with its case (with label of Wolfenbuttel which is in Braunzweig)

of cause I'm aware that this is a very difficult helmet, and there a fakes around, but I don't have any doubt on this one.

It was purchased from a very well known dealer (maybe you saw it on the SOS)

Attachments

• IR92_1(frontal view).jpg
    IR92_1(frontal view).jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 5,227
  • IR92_2(detail wappen).jpg
    IR92_2(detail wappen).jpg
    592 KB · Views: 5,228
  • IR92_3(side).jpg
    IR92_3(side).jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 5,227
  • IR92_4(side).jpg
    IR92_4(side).jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 5,225
  • IR92-case.jpg
    IR92-case.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 5,226
As you say, Braunschweig helmets (both officers and EM) is a very dangerous field expertise :-?

I do not own the knowledge to judge this one. Other membres here have it.
But one thing I know: beware of "well known dealers" when they say that the box is original to the helmet :-({|=
Most of the time it is not the real story....It´s only a selling argument. A lot of dealers have a lot of empty boxes on stock...
I prefer when the helmet is named.
Can you see a name on the label on the box? I could then try to track it in the ERL, as JR92 active officers are all mentioned there.

Philippe
:wink:

I regret that this is an example of my most common suggestion. Ignore what a seller tells you, and do your own research to come to your own conclusions.

Unfortunately that is not a Wappen that I would have in my Braunschweig collection. Regardless of the source. =;

Before you bought it did you ask the dealer to see the back side of the wappen plate? If it had screws I would demand to see the back.

Tony without Kaiser said:
Regardless of the source. =;

The source is most of the time the firts reason not to go further....Some acribic observations of 99% of items sold by some "wellknown" sellers are telling more than 1000 words :eek:

Philippe
:wink:

Yes this helmet was the talk of the show when the item was pulled out together with many others good helmets.

Then all the other good helmets got sold and this one was left there for days.

I agree, definitely buyer beware! When I started collecting I purchased a helmet with this Wappen from a seller in country Victoria in Australia.....fake....fake....fake!! I should have done my research better so certainly learnt my lesson. I understand that Amy knows this seller well!!

Mc5051 said:
I agree, definitely buyer beware! When I started collecting I purchased a helmet with this Wappen from a seller in country Victoria in Australia.....fake....fake....fake!! I should have done my research better so certainly learnt my lesson. I understand that Amy knows this seller well!!

Yap I know who you are referring to.

The business has changed hands but the previous owner stayed in touch with me hoping to sell more of his private collection.

Sorry, but I'm with Tony here. I attached a few pics of my IR92 for comparison. Just look at the details and then make your conclusion…

Adler

Attachments

• M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 03.jpg
    M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 03.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,940
  • M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 06.jpg
    M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 06.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 4,938
  • M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 07.jpg
    M95 Braunschweig Off IR 92 na 1912 07.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,939
I agree with Randy .If there is a possible problem .
Post the name of the seller so that we all can know .
If the seller is well know there should not be a problem
if you wanted to return the helmet .
And if they would not take a return then it should be
noted for all to see .
Steve McFarland

Yes, the wappen is certainly a copy, and quite possibly the eagle plate too...I'd press for a refund!

Hello,

Our original poster of this thread has gone silent on us. I feel sorry for him spending a large amount of money on a bad helmet.

Apparently the UK dealer "Regimentals" had the helmet. The helmet is shown in Brian's photo presentation on the S.O.S., on the table of Regimentals. And we can watch the video on you-tube where Regimentals shows the helmet, and Malcom Fisher's son talks about it, found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuo0NpZ2q0

The helmet is shown briefly at the beginning of the video, and also at 12 minutes into the video.

Best Regards,

Alan

Alan ;
Thank you for this information .
I hope the buyer will keep us up to date
on what happens with this helmet .
You are correct we have not heard from him in a while .
I would ask for a refund and if the dealer refuses
then that will tell all possible customers not
to deal with this company
Steve McFarland

When you look at Adler’s wappen in comparison, the Regimentals just screams reproduction beyond any doubt. My thanks to Adler for showing us the real thing. These helmets are so rare that few of us have ever seen true originals and thus it is very easy to get fooled. :eek:

Exactly.

b.loree said:
When you look at Adler’s wappen in comparison, the Regimentals just screams reproduction beyond any doubt. My thanks to Adler for showing us the real thing. These helmets are so rare that few of us have ever seen true originals and thus it is very easy to get fooled.

Here is what was mine. Dead (pun!) Identical to Karel and Steve and Randy's, because the Totenkopf on originals are all identical in shape and quality. I sadly do not have this anymore, it killed me but I had to sell it. Too much money sitting on a shelf for a busted retired Tanker.

But I can say I owned one :thumb up:

That is a killer (pun!) helmet Karel :salute:

Link: https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4696&p=29098

dbh79.jpg

Hmm besides regimental, another dealer helmet weitz has a similar helmet

Attachments

• 20200221_151559_resized.jpg
    20200221_151559_resized.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 4,844
Karel's and Tony's helmets are superb. I will add to this impressive gallery the example donated by Viktoria Luise, the Kaiser's daughter and Duchess of Brunswick, to the Rastaat museum in 1961, before being sold:

L1060572_zpsjxc9p6ry.jpg
thumbnail_L1040419_zps7kq1n9vp.jpg

Back