IR92

Tony without Kaiser said:
Hi Amy. The one you showed is the issued Mannschaften pattern. Also heavily faked.

Amybellars said:
Hmm besides regimental, another dealer helmet weitz has a similar helmet

Ya, I was very excited when he was pulling out all his helmets from the big case. Then one forum member, an expert, warned me to be careful of the collection. He educated me why the R92 was a fake. So I learnt a lot from the show :thumb up: :guns:

Not surprised!
Told my story before.
M Fisher sold me rubbish for good helmets, twice, back in the late '70 ties.
One was a Preußisches Offizier Brandenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr2 , next was a French Carabinier helmet.
Must have been the same price category at the time.
Hard lessons for a 17 year old, at the time.

I think so many of us have been fucked by Regimentals….unfortunately of course including me.….
verdun16

What do you Guys think about this one. Just curiosity as I can't afford it.

https://derrittmeister.com/product/pickelhaube-braunschweig-reserve-officer-infanterie-regiment-nr-92/

Suggestion to the buyer ;
Ask to return the helmet for a refund
I do not know what was paid for the helmet
but I would guess $ 5,000 + +
that's a lot to lose on a bad helmet
if they will not give a refund
then there is a new place on here with no posts yet
BUYER BEWARE
But I would not post on there yet
only after you get your money back
Steve McFarland

Regimentals should have a refund policy. If not, the Sales of Goods Act 1979 can help to the extent that, in English law, you can insist for a product to be correct to what it was sold as. If that fails, you still have a claim for misrepresentation under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 !

That can help to be a lawyer 😜😜

Question ;

If the helmet was sold by a British subject

in the U S A ; Does British law apply in that case ?
Steve McFarland

Good question Steve. My response is twofold:

- if the terms applied to the sale by the British seller are subject to English law then, regardless of where the sale took place, the buyer can rely on English law. Those terms would be the seller’s terms and conditions of sale.

- if however, there was no specific terms applied to the sale (which is improbable), there is possibly an argument to say that the laws of the US State in which the transaction took place should apply. Unfortunately, only the laws of that State would tell.

In this case, the buyer being and individual and the seller being a business, the buyer should not have much difficulty in claiming that he has been mislead and would most certainly win his case against the professional merchant (whichever law applies).

I hope no-one has fallen asleep yet.... 😂😂

Neil, I would say...another fake. To me the giveaway is the rough texture of the white metal skull and bones. I believe this is caused by bubbling during the galvano process. The originals shown here were “punched” out so the details are perfect, clean cut, smooth surface, no rough texture. Compare the originals to the two fakes.

Steve sent me a photo of his JR 92 Reservist officer helmet today:
I R 92  reserve officer.jpeg
Here is his background story on this helmet:
Brian ;
here is I R 92 reserve officers helmet
here is the story ;
I have owned it for years
It has a nail hole in the back neck guard
It was found years ago nailed to the wall
of a barber shop in Calif.
It was acquired by Jacques Pries of Chicago
for his collection .
Some years ago Jacques sold his Infantry collection
on Cavalry
at that time I bought the helmet from Jacques
and have owned it ever since.

Well,that says it all T, you left yer DNA on Steve’s display case! That testifies as to how rare these JR 92 helmets are. I have asked Steve to take more detailed photos when he has time so we can get a close look at this rare beast.

b.loree said:
Neil, I would say...another fake. To me the giveaway is the rough texture of the white metal skull and bones. I believe this is caused by bubbling during the galvano process. The originals shown here were “punched” out so the details are perfect, clean cut, smooth surface, no rough texture. Compare the originals to the two fakes.

I have the same helmet and eagle with tha same skull. It is not galvano copy 100%, it is punched copper, i guess, and silvering. I bought my helmet from german person. Actually even at classic prussian eagles we can see difference in stamping and gilding. It is because there was many differend makers. As a helmets quality was different too and probably prices on them was differents too. So may be it is just cheap, budget variant in the choice of regimentals

Attachments

• IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,623
  • IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,622
  • IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4,623
  • IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,623
Leone said:
b.loree said:

I have the same helmet and eagle with tha same skull. It is not galvano copy 100%, it is punched copper, i guess, and silvering. I bought my helmet from german person. Actually even at classic prussian eagles we can see difference in stamping and gilding. It is because there was many differend makers. As a helmets quality was different too and probably prices on them was differents too. So may be it is just cheap, budget variant in the choice of regimentals

It IS a galvano copy, 100%! When I see the bubbles and lack of detail on the reverse of the Peninsula banner, it is a clear sign. The proof of originality is always seen in the details of the banner. Furthermore, wappen like this were not made of copper. Either silver plated brass, or a white metal alloy is acceptable material.

Neil Young said:
What do you Guys think about this one. Just curiosity as I can't afford it.

https://derrittmeister.com/product/pickelhaube-braunschweig-reserve-officer-infanterie-regiment-nr-92/

I have been trying go magnify the skull as much as possible, and it seems a caste, to me.....

Mike H said:
While we are on the subject, how does this one look to you gentlemen?

Mike

348522.jpg
348522_1.jpg
Any chance to get a better pic of the wappen, please?
Especially the skull.

Arran said:
Leone said:
b.loree said:

It IS a galvano copy, 100%! When I see the bubbles and lack of detail on the reverse of the Peninsula banner, it is a clear sign. The proof of originality is always seen in the details of the banner. Furthermore, wappen like this were not made of copper. Either silver plated brass, or a white metal alloy is acceptable material.
I'm sorry sir, but I know how looks bubbles very well. There are no one bubble on my skull. I'm not shure about metal, copper is just my adsumption because the bones are very deep stamped what very hard to carry out from brass with cold stamping method.

For those that have an original specimen at hand, is the banner stamped separately an attached to the skull, or is it all stamped in one piece?

Back