Is there something I'm missing here?

Looks like a "run of the mill" M15 Prussian Line Infantry with repro Prussian and Saxon Kokarden. Not even in good shape.

I'm not very familiar with eBay. Can a Seller "shill bid" on their own items?

Looks like a "run of the mill" M15 Prussian Line Infantry with repro Prussian and Saxon Kokarden. Not even in good shape.

I'm not very familiar with eBay. Can a Seller "shill bid" on their own items?
A shill bidder is someone who owns the item and creates a fake account to raise the price of their own item. When it's done on ebay, the shill bid account usually has zero or one or two feedback on there account. The tell tale sign is a bidder with zero feedback or history with multiple bids.

A shill bidder is someone who owns the item and creates a fake account to raise the price of their own item. When it's done on ebay, the shill bid account usually has zero or one or two feedback on there account. The tell tale sign is a bidder with zero feedback or history with multiple bids.

Ahh!...good to know.

It seems like the high bidders have thousands of transactions, but it still seems weird. I'll be curious to see how high it goes. Could just be a bidding war between people with tunnel vision...

Yeah, I don't know. In just ONE auction, the cost of a Stuart tank went from $15,000 to over $100,000 because of two morons getting into a bidding war. The price never came down, now that I have the $15K to buy one. crap... So viel Mist.

I read the description of the new posting and I'll bet that it's reposted since the first guy didn't want to pay the high price. I would bet the seller is probably an upstanding person, but probably got caught up in a bidding war that ultimately hurt the seller. Not to sound naive, but I would want to give him the benefit of the doubt since it doesn't look like a shill bidder situation. Just my thought.

It is interesting that the underbidder (who bid $1100) is the current high bidder.

Back