is this an original pickelhaube?

feel76

Hi,

i am new on the forum. I would like to buy a Mannschaftspickelhaube and i can buy this prussian 1915 one. I was wondering if you could tell me if it is an original one. What would be i good price i could pay for it. (seller asks 550 euros)
I had already a positive mail on this helmet from Tony(thx Tony)

pics can be found here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/568452158CJOeLs[/img]

Hey Feel76
I am unable to open the photos, but if Tony says it is good, I would not worry. As far as the price, one month ago 550 Euro would be too much, but with the current exchange rate, the price is more attractive (depending on condition)
Best wishes
Gus

I cannot access either of these links.
At any rate, 550 euro is too expensive for a prussian infantry 1915 model, unless it is exceptionnal in some respect...
Bruno

Hey Feel76
From the photos, it looks like a nice M1915, in a typical small size, but at a size 54 1/2, it is unusual in that it is a half size. The chin strap and Kocarden look to be original, and that is a very good thing, as chin straps are selling for about the same price that the complete helmet would have sold for about 10 years ago. I think 550 Euro is on the high side af a fair price from an American point of view, but again, with the improvement of the US$ in the past month, it is not a bad price. The question would be, is it a price you can pay, and still be happy. I think the M1915 helmets are the most under rated Pickelhuaben, and have some of the most interesting history.
Best wishes
Gus

911car said:
I cannot access either of these links.
At any rate, 550 euro is too expensive for a prussian infantry 1915 model, unless it is exceptionnal in some respect...
Bruno
If I recall, it was a standard M15. I indicated that I am not good at pricing, and suggested he ask here, especially as he is in the Euro market, and prices just do not equate to the North American market.

Thank you very much for your replies. I would be very happy if one of you guys would sell me a m15 Pickelhaube under the price of 550 euros(than i would be 100% sure it is original and a fair priced one). So if you have a helmet to sell please mail me at [email protected]

I guess I would pay that for this helmet if I needed one. It is a very nice example and hard to up-grade in my opinion. Not Reg. marked but nice!! :D :D Jerry (Waiting for the SOS oh-boy oh-boy)

To me the helmet looks to be unissued due to the condition of the liner. The chinstrap is original and looks excellent. The price is certainly high but this quality of helmet even an M15 Prussian is getting hard to find. Brian

thanks for your replies. So b.loree you think the helmet was never used because of the good condition of the liner?

Back