Italian Alpini uniform with trench armor

Gustaf

Staff member
Here is my SOS acquisition, or rather, Maggie's, Jon K. always sees me coming and has some great stuff, sadly, I did not have enough money to buy the Zeppelin uniform he had as well.

badener said:
You did pull the trigger Gsu! Really a great find. I didn't realize it came with body armor. :bravo:
It did not come with the armor, I asked Bill Combs what I needed to give him my money for this time and he showed me the armor, but at the beginning of the show I only had a few pennies to spend, but after seeing Jon's Italian uniform, I pouted enough for Maggie to feel sorry for me and she bought the uniform, and by the end of the show I was only $150 short for the armor, so she ponied up some more.

Cool Beans Gus! You really got yourself some great stuff! :thumb up:

I hadn't seen the armor either. Congratulations to your fine wife for chipping in to make it happen! =D>

I can't believe how nice the uniform set is, and that stenciling on the gasmask case is tops!

It was great to see you two again, and I look forward to next year. Glad to hear you made it home safe!

Best Regards,

Alan

Gus,

Great piece !
Would love to see detailed pics ! I'm not the only one here I think !
A pic of a nice set of French armor I made in the Marne Museum in Meaux. (not far from Paris)
http://pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards,
Francis

That is a fantastic find Gus. I say that trench armor and that is good stuff, and the uniform is really top notch.

How hard will it be to find original boots to go with the uniform?

Peter_Suciu said:
That is a fantastic find Gus. I say that trench armor and that is good stuff, and the uniform is really top notch.

How hard will it be to find original boots to go with the uniform?
I have a line on a pair as we speak, I do have a pair that I believe to be correct, but they are on my other Italian mannequin at present.

I no longer want to hear how "James" is never at the tables etc and gets all the good stuff.

Not only was Gus never at the tables helping, he spent way more then anyone else at the show, he is a greedy, greedy person :D

I am now going through my helmet room looking for what he may have taken or booby trapped :greentank:

James (all in good fun)

J.LeBrasseur said:
I no longer want to hear how "James" is never at the tables etc and gets all the good stuff.

Not only was Gus never at the tables helping, he spent way more then anyone else at the show, he is a greedy, greedy person :D

I am now going through my helmet room looking for what he may have taken or booby trapped :greentank:

James (all in good fun)

Actually, James is about right, with my bionic leg, I am able to run 100 mph, unfortunately, only in circles. If we could get Jon K. Bill C and Jeff S all in our island, then I would never have to leave the table.

Next year Joe will be back and my father can help hold down the fort. Lord knows I'm not at my tables much. I'm usually there long enough to drop off something, get something to drink and ask, "what did we sell," and then I'm off on the hunt again.

I was actually broke at 6:15pm Friday when I bought the BAR at the gun show. I was out begging for money on Saturday morning!

Gustaf said:
badener said:
You did pull the trigger Gsu! Really a great find. I didn't realize it came with body armor. :bravo:
It did not come with the armor, I asked Bill Combs what I needed to give him my money for this time and he showed me the armor, but at the beginning of the show I only had a few pennies to spend, but after seeing Jon's Italian uniform, I pouted enough for Maggie to feel sorry for me and she bought the uniform, and by the end of the show I was only $150 short for the armor, so she ponied up some more.

I told my wife about this and she made it very clear that no amount of pouting on my part would ever induce her to put her money towards my helmets! And when I think of all the plants I've paid for when she goes on her gardening sprees! Perhaps the solution is to get lessons from Gus on how to improve my pouting?

Patrick

Wonderful stuff! I really like the armor... but then I'm a tanker. :wink:

It's nice when one's wife is in on the deals.

:D Ron

Back