It's my bebe!

ph0ebus

Hi all,

Found this interesting card:

a8947.jpg

I love how the old salt in the middle is cradling that loaf of bread! They do seem to have quite a bit of it lying around. This card was feldposted (?) in Fulda....can anyone tell me if they have any reason to believe that this group of folks is NOT associated with FAR 47? I collect FAR 47 stuff but this one is not as clear in terms of whether it is associated with them or not.

Thanks,

-Daniel

Hi Joe,

I actually do not own this card. I can ask the seller for a scan of the reverse, but it will be up to them as to whether they will provide that or not....I'll ask!

The little fellow on the left looks like he is holding a cavalry style sabre...yes?

-Daniel

I find it interesting that they have loaves of bread stacked on the floor of a room that also stocks used footwear. Not too appetizing.

The sword blade does appear to be that of a mounted artilleryman. The caps seem to have black bands too.

Chip

Hi all,

Finally got the card in the mail....here is the reverse. Anyone want to take a stab at this? :)

scan0002.jpg

Seems the writer is sending this to his parents...can;t make out their last name.

-Daniel

This is what I could decipher:

An Herrn Joh Meier
Schlachtermeister
in Hess - Oldendorf
xxxxstr 102

To Mr. Johann Meier
Slaughtermaster (butcher)
in Hess - Oldendorf
(street name) 102

Liebe Eltern
Schickt mir doch bitte ein
Packet xxxx es geht
doch gleich. Hoffentlich
geht es Euch noch gut
Mit Gruss Euer
Carl

14th of Oct. 15
Dear Parents
Please send me a
parcel (or pack) xxxxx as it runs
out fast. I hope
you are well
Regards your
Carl

Not being able to read the word after "parcel" could have lead me to a misinterpretation of the end of the sentence. In any case, he would like his parents to send him something or the traditional parcel sent to soldiers. Hope this helps.

Roland

Hey Roland,
I think this is the word you are looking for.
Best
Gus

Liebe Eltern
Schickt mir doch bitte ein
Packet wenn es geht
doch gleich. Hoffentlich
geht es Euch noch gut
Mit Gruss Euer
Carl

Dear Parents
Please send me a
parcel when it is possible. I hope
you are well
Regards your
Carl

Thanks everyone for the replies!

So, what do folks think? Is this a barracks photo for FAR 47 in Fulda? Is there anything you see that would rule this out as a possibility?

-Daniel

Hey Daniel,
My bet would be that it is, the Fulda post mark is a fairly good indicator.
Best
Gus

Is this a barracks photo for FAR 47 in Fulda? Is there anything you see that would rule this out as a possibility?

Daniel,

I do not think I would call this a barracks scene. This is entirely conjecture but based on my limited experience with postcards this seems to be a group of guys who were on duty in the Kammer- supply room. Now that was located in the barracks but was significantly different. A group would not have stacks of uniforms–or piece parts in their room. Just me splitting hairs–probably was in Fulda.

ps470 by joerookery, on Flickr

Back