Jäger helmet

Hi Patrick looks like a british dragoon type of helmet.

Kind regards Patrik
Hi Patrik,

Thanks, but I collect British dress helmets, including dragoon helmets, and it certainly isn’t British. The crown looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

Regards

Patrick

Thanks Peter. Nice bit of research. I‘m in UK and have never heard of this auction house. I agree that the chin chain fittings do look like the Belgian lion.

Patrick

Hi Patrik,

Thanks, but I collect British dress helmets, including dragoon helmets, and it certainly isn’t British. The crown looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

Regards

Patrick
No my area, it is very british like in appearance to me 🙂.

Kind regards Patrik

My pleasure.
I got a quiet elaborated collection,waiting for transport to France, where I live now.
The Belgian Garde Civique ( dad's army) is a quiet mythic thing over here.
Not much of regulations can be found anymore.
Probably mainly because, when the Germans declared war and where fighting the Belgians, all Garde Civique members where not considered as regular army soldiers. The where shot a once for being some sort of guerrilla fighters.
So the Garde Civique was abolished very soon after the war started and all "evidences " destroyed...

Here is a officers tunic to go with that helmet. The only GC item I have brought with me so far....
The helmet the dummie is wearing as nothing to do with it. Just runing out of space....
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-10-27 om 10.14.30_ed6a13c2.jpg

Back