Jaeger zu Pferde Reserve Officer Helmet for Regiment 8-13

ww1czechlegion

Hello,

Here's a helmet I got lucky acquiring this past November at a sleepy auction that I took a chance and drove 240 miles in order to attend in Kansas City, Missouri. I was very fortunate because there were not any other collectors bidding against me, only 2-antique dealers/resellers.

Worn by a Reserve Officer for Jaeger zu Pferde Regiment 8 through 13.

The fluted spike, spike base, and the top ring on the neck of the spike are tombac color.

Underside of front visor is lined in fine green color calfskin. Underside of back lobster tail visor is covered in a creme color velvet cloth.

The calfskin sweatband has been torn at some point of time, and someone in the past did a fairly good job of stabilizing the tear line, which also helps to hide the tear somewhat.

I also had to replace a missing domed split brad on one side of the front visor, and I found a domed threaded screw for one that was missing from the spike base.

Best Regards,

Alan

101_0378.JPG

101_0379.JPG

101_0380.JPG

101_0381.JPG

101_0383.JPG

Alan- I remember talking to you about this, but first time seeing the helmet, way to go, a awesome find you worked hard to get!

James

Wow, an excellent piece!
Congratulations, a great add to your collection.

Dennis

Tony without Kaiser said:
Well done :thumbright:

Nothing compares to Officer's Metalhelme.

I assume you bought a lottery ticket on the way home?

He already won the lottery, no need to buy a loosing ticket.

Thanks to everyone for your very nice comments, I appreciate it!

I didn't think to buy a lottery ticket before I left town, but I did have some great Kansas City BBQ before I drove home. :D

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back