Jager m7/15 straps

Yes I had to sell some helmets and uniforms to help me get through the last divorce. There are a few of us here that have had to do that. After the dust settles though, we start collecting again, at least I did. Most don’t know this but the forum was first set up by that wife! 😀

I had a collector friend some years ago in Cincy
That was the old OVMS days of shows at the Draw Bridge
Stan Wacksman a Jewish doctor who collected spiked helmets
and he liked flags
Stan once said to me that as a doctor he made good money
but was always broke because there was a nice officers helmet to
buy for his collection .
He want on to say that collecting was a "mild form of mental illness "
like an addiction
Stan and his wife later got a divorce .
He sold his collection to pay his wife off .
True story
Steve McFarland
Steve, as I recall, you have a couple stories along those lines!

Glad to see everyone is still in the community after events like that, you guys sound like alot of my chiefs and 1st classes though haha

Thank you, Charles. Gathering these has taken many years, probably 20 years or so. The two most difficult to find were the GSB and GJB straps. Those are the only two examples I have ever seen. As you can tell there are other numbers I continue to look for.

A wonderful collection!

Hello everyone, dear colleagues! Tell me please, in 1916, the shoulder straps of the officers of the Bavarian jager remained green, or did they have a double piping?

A wonderful collection!

Hello everyone, dear colleagues! Tell me please, in 1916, the shoulder straps of the officers of the Bavarian jager remained green, or did they have a double piping?
I don't collect so much Bavarian
so I suggest that you contact Mike Kelso
he wrote the shoulder strap book
and he collects Jager
Steve

Hello Steve! Thank you! I have this book, but there are no Bavarian jagers for this period as far as I remember. But I'll write to him, maybe he knows. I haven't found any information anywhere yet.

Back