JAGER ZU PFERDE HELMET

oradour

HI, :) CAN ANYONE WHO IS WELL AQAINTED WITH THE ABOVE TYPE OF HELMET HAVE A LOOK AT A HELMET THAT IS CURRENTLY ON E-BAY, # 230291940419,(YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY INPUT, I AM SORRY :( BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A LINK STRAIGHT TO IT!) & LET ME/REST OF THE FORUM, YOUR OPINIONS :D . THE M91 POSTS APPEAR (TO ME) TO BE A LITTLE HIGHER THAN USUAL, & IT APPEARS TO BE REPAINTED :-? ?...THE SPIKE BASE IS HELD ON WITH BRADS, WERE THEY NOT BOLTED ON :eek: ?...HOWEVER THERE DOES APPEAR TO BE A MAKERS MARK ON INSIDE OF HELMET (AROUND INSIDE OF SPIKE BASE I HAVE ASKED THE VENDOR TO CLARIFY :eek: ).. I WOULD LIKE TO BRANCH OUT & OWN ONE OF THESE HELMETS, SO ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOMED :) .
REGARDS, STEVE LEE :cool: .

Hi Steve:

In addition to the concerns you've raised, I'd ask the seller to clarify what exactly he means by "MOSTLY ORIGIONAL" (sic), as both the liner and chinstrap appear to be reproductions. The helmet should be blued steel and not painted. The retainers should be the thread and nut. Additionally, the small rear center rivet that affixes the tail to the shell is missing.

Click this link for further information on JzP:

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2489

Good luck,

Chas.

THANKS FOR THAT CHAS,
I WONDERED ABOUT THE LIGHTER COLOURED LINE AT THE BACK & ASKED THE SELLER IF THE TAIL WAS 'LOO SE' & A HOST OF OTHER QUESTIONS, HE HASNT REPLIED AS YET ! IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD, DOES IT. I AM IN A POSITION TO SPEND 'WEDGE' OF MONEY, & ARE LOOKING FOR EITHER A 'ZU PFERDE OR KUIRASSIER M15 WARPRODUCTION TO BUY. I SHOULD LOOK AT THE DEALERS, FLEA BAY MAY NOT BE THE IDEAL PLACE TO LOOK!
THE THREAD PROVIDED IS VERY INFORMATIVE, THANKS.
REGARDS, STEVE LEE.

Steve,

You can always send a e-mail to Randy or Remy at age of Kings, if you know exactly what you're looking for. Tell them what you want, and they will generally find it. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Steve,
To creat a direct link to an ebay page (or any other for that matter) just go to the address bar at the top of the page, and click on it, it will turn blue, then pust the "ctrl" key and the "c" key at the same time (actually hold the " ctrl" key down and then hit the " c" key) This will copy the address, then as you are posting on a thread, when you get to the point where you want to insert the address, you then hold down the " ctrl" key and hit the " c" key and the address will appear like magic. It should be a hot link that allows any one to click on it and open the page.
Bes twihses
Gsu

Thanks Eric,
my french is not good, infact its non existant!...great photo's, allways checking the 'Kaisers Bunker', i shall continue my search.
Thanks, Steve.

Back