Jager Zu Pferde Pickelhaube

It's good.
The green and black paint is missing from the inside front and rear visors,
but I would buy it at that price.
It is possible that the Kokarden are repro's, but still not bad.

John :)

The nuts from the spike are not correct as well, there not square ones as it schould be

Hi
I might be wrong, but it appears that particular maker Israel didn't use square nuts for spike
I found 3 online with the same shape as the eBay 1
Cheers

Two very positive points are the presence of the marking and the specific JzP (higher) spike. Not too much pewter gray paint left, unfortunately, and it will need cockades. These are copies of the wrong model (small size). Not sure that the chinstrap is a copy, but it is too short.
All in all, not bad...

Israel Brothers manufacturers, very nice to have that liner with regimental markings, exceptional in fact. So many of these M15's are missing the liners and have no markings other than the size and manufacturer name. The price is good at the moment but I have seen them go for $1200.

Unfortunately Fraser, it is a world wide auction and there are obviously, no guarantees, there are collectors out there with really deep pockets. I believe, it is accepted amongst collectors that some M15 JZP Kurassier were issued with the smaller infantry kokarden. Nice to have the larger regulation ones but originals are scarce and costly. It's your cash Fraser, you have to decide what you want to pay, set a limit and stick to it. There are lots of these out there but most are always incomplete in some respect. Typically...no liner, no kokarden, no chin strap.

Hi guys it arrived
Not so happy
Strap and Kokarden are definitely repro
Holes have been crudely enlarged
Plus it's been cleaned to within an inch of its life
Cleaning I can live with
I definitely overpaid LOL
What would a fair price be for it without strap and Kokarden guys ??
Regards
Fraser

Hello -- don't panic ... These have gone on ebay for $ 1600 and up. You have a wartime-- issued-- helm which is quite unusual!!!! -- the kokardes can be found.. If some day you find a better example - this one might be sold- if not--- you have one.
An older more experienced collector told me --buy it and trade up when possible -- there is always someone else who wants one .
They are 100 years old ..-------- buy now and study--------- good books ie Militaria verlag or kaisers bunker Sincerely Randolpho

I don't think that you did so bad. The Kokarden can be found, 48mm easily, 63mm a little tougher. We have all had to settle for a reproduction chin strap on occasion. Give it time and you may find an original. I certainly didn't see the excessive cleaning in the photos. I knew the interior paint was missing, but I could still see rust.
What concerns me is the enlargement of the holes. I assume you are talking about the holes used for the Wappen plate. How badly are they distorted? These helmets only used one plate (with the exception of the very rare ordnance type), so the holes should not be overly large. A curiosity for sure.

John :)

Hi guys
Thanks for comments
Wappen holes are fine
It's the Kokarden holes that are crudely enlarged
Seller will hopefully offer a partial refund to cover original strap and 1 Kokarde , id be happy at that and buy 1 Kokarden myself
Thanks again
Fraser

Back