JR152 "Deutsch Ordens" Ersatz-Filz-Pickelhaube , B

argonne

Hi fellows collectors!
Just finally got this Haube yesterday and, hmmmm, I like its intense smell of old felt, metal and leather!!! :p It took time since I asked for your wise opinion in my last topic at the "Pickelhaube discussion" on the last 24 feb.
The seller sent me a few more informations and picts that convinced me and I was also able to bargain a few pounds down for this felt. Now this helmet is mine!! :D
Joe, I saw you already have loaded both "Kammer Stempeln" at "Colonel J´s". :thumbleft: It´s an honor for me!
Yes Robert, the seller mentioned a period repair, clearly visible on the two last picts, because of the wear and tear: two tongues of the liner in the neckguard area which were probably torn, have been resewn by the BJA. (Good economic prussian work!! :laughing6: )
I also think, this helmet has been commonly re-issued, because of two old holes behind the frontplate, that have been very carefully plugged at the time and which are hard to make out.
There is also an old maker mark on the back visor and a soldier name on the front visor, but both unfortunately no more readable.
I really like the scarce matching regimental and army corps stamps! As usually, after buying a new Haube with a Kammer mark, I ´ve already ordered the regimental history book of the JR152 at the archives of the german central library for empire history. I cannot wait any more for it...
Enjoy the picts and comment as you like!

Philippe

filz10.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz1.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz2.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz3.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz4.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz5.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz6.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz7.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz8.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
filz9.th.jpg
[/url][/img]

Philippe,

Joe, I saw you already have loaded both "Kammer Stempeln" at "Colonel J´s". It´s an honor for me!

Could you do us the honor of giving us your entire name through PM so we can add you to the contributors list? There have been so many recently and yours is the first I have seen like that!

Hey, Great!

Congrats on a nice buy. I found one similar locally years ago and had my wife stand guard on it by the display case until I found a clerk to get it for me! Oh yeah, good stuff.

:D Ron

Thank you guys for your kind feedback!
Ron, I understand what you mean!!! :laughing6:
I had also a few drops of sweat on my forehead, because the seller really took his time to answer my questions and I knew that other collectors were on this run :lurk:
But I had THE luck this time! \:D/
Regards from North Germany
Philippe :salute:

Philippe;
Your Avitar looks like one of the Moderators here.
Clue;
Great... Underated.. Sheephearder
Any Guesses?????
:D :D
Jerry
Oh yeah I like your helmet too.

Hey Jerry!
Yeah, I think I guess who you are meaning :smilebox:
Gus with gas mask! :D
Any idea which moderator the following head looks like: :-k
b011635.jpg
[/url][/img]