Just a Few Miles Away

poniatowski

A fellow less than 30 miles from me is doing a lot of auctions with Pickelhaube and such. I had to ask him if this one was oiled or waxed inside. Maybe he'll invite me down to see them before the auctions end (?) Found out two things. He said the helmet was probably oiled inside by the owner before him and he lives in a city different than his ebay address, so too far a way for me!

:D Ron

Last edited:
I like the Wurtt M15, even if it was oiled inside. I probably will bid on it. But the rest of his haubes on sale all have their problems..
The Bavarian reserve helmet for instance, is a converted firemans helmet, and the others have loose visors and such.

I like he wurttemberg one as well. They are hard to get. Knowing that the auction will end when I go to bed, I am sure I will get outbid. Lol

I like he wurttemberg one as well. They are hard to get. Knowing that the auction will end when I go to bed, I am sure I will get outbid. Lol
Well, if you see Cower30 bidding on it Amy, that would be me. I owned a Wurtt M15 before, but sold it.
I should have kept it off-course, but you can't change things done in the past.

True. But I did buy a nice Bavarian M15 for only 480 euro's on eBay france a while ago. Including shipping.
But we will see how far it gets.

Thanks for posting it Ron! It is much appreciated. 👍
As most members here know, I have a preference for m15's. I have a Baden, Saxon, Hessen, a Bavarian, some Prussian ones, arty, infantry, and a rather rare Lúbeck one,(correctly marked IR162), and a Garde, which isn't really a Garde one, but eisenbahn regt 3 marked. I already messaged the seller about shipping to europe. But we will see.

Again, thanks for posting it!

The Wurttemberg is no longer listed .Someone must have made the seller a "Godfather Offer "
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.
Steve

I just sent a message to the seller..
I hope he will respond to it.
Because I really like to add it to my collection of m15's.
I like your helmet too Steve, but I don't think you will let it go.

Greetings, Coert.

Well, I just got a message back from the seller, it has gone.
Unfortunatly. So, I will keep on searching for a Wurtt M15.
I wish I had never sold mine..
Damnitt.

coert ;
I think that my collector friend from Belgium has shown interest in my M1915 Wurttemberg Dragoon .
I hope that he will be here for a visit in July before the S O S , then I will know for sure .
I owe him many favors
We all make mistakes in collecting .What seemed to be the right thing to do at
the time , ends up a mistake later
Before 1992 when I had helmets other than Prussian , I decided to sell all of non -Prussian helmets .
Big mistake .Now I try and recover a few examples back .There is no way I can
replace them all .
I had 3 Saxon Jager Shakos ; 2 for J B 12 / 13 ; one for Fusilier Regt 108
Now I am looking for an officer of J B 12 / 13
I did not see them for sale
Time will find you a Wurttemberg M1915
I only got mine right after the S O S 2020
It was easy , a collector friend sold it to me .
Steve

You are right Steve.
But you know, I had no choice back then. I had to sell my whole collection, to fund the costs for my mother.
She passed away, and I had nothing left. But know Steve, I have no regrets doing that. Some things are more important.
Family, especially parents are one of them. You do just what is needed for the ones you love. Back then, I had 14 helmets, but sold everyone, just for her. So, I have no regrets doing that. You simply do what is needed.. You know, if I had to make that decision again, I would do exactly the same.
I am a human, living, and respecting my elders and parents. You simply do what is right.
If the sale doesn't work out for your dragoon, then tell me. If it goes okay, thats fine by me.
But you know, life is what it is, sometimes hard, sometimes sweet.
Have a nice sunday my friend. I hope you understand my somewhat elaborate message.
Have a nice sunday!

Greetings, Coert.

Last edited:
By the way, if your Belgian collector friend has not get on with it, send me a PM.
Not that I want any privilege, as I do not deserve that, but know I am interested too.

Well, I just had another e-mail from the seller of the Wurtt M15. He has decided to keep it.
But if the time comes that it will be sold, he has my e-mail. I had a nice conversation with the guy.
We will see what comes.

Back