Just arrived

Extremely rare and superb M42 helmet by Pionier. It's the first one I've seen. Congratulations.
The soul of the Landwehrkreuz is amazing.
Best regards

No Steve, not cavalry. This beauty is a M1942 prussian pioneer.
All the old prussian model have the cruciform base and the square visor which make them look like cavalry helmet.
Zeb.
Zeb
Thanks
that has to be a rare helmet ?
How many Pioneer Batls where there back then ?
More than I thought
I see 10 of them back to 1842 or older
never the less , it seems like a rare bird to me
How many can still be around ?
Steve

Amy,
Fantastic Pickelhaube and amazing condition for a leather helmet that is over a 150 years old. Thank you for sharing this wonderful helmet.
Best regards
John

Zeb
Thanks
that has to be a rare helmet ?
How many Pioneer Batls where there back then ?
More than I thought
I see 10 of them back to 1842 or older
never the less , it seems like a rare bird to me
How many can still be around ?
Steve
Yeah, ideed, all old helmet are quite rare after plus 150 years.
I don't know exactly the numbers but I know that the time flows inexorably.
These are rarer than the Pionier M1895 and the pioniers are rarer than infantry.
Up until now the old model have a lower demand anyway. And tomorrow?
Amy was right to buy it.
Zeb

Hi Zeb,
The old helmets are rare to come by. The demand is not low, rather they are expensive and entry collectors avoid them due to their condition and price.
When I first started collecting, I wonder if I will ever get a M1842 helmet. You hardly see them available and those who have it are advanced collectors sitting on them. As they are difficult to get, collectors do not focus on them. They will just buy one or two just to represent the M1842 timeline.

At present, I only have 4 M42s and 1 M48.

Hi Zeb,
The old helmets are rare to come by. The demand is not low, rather they are expensive and entry collectors avoid them due to their condition and price.
When I first started collecting, I wonder if I will ever get a M1842 helmet. You hardly see them available and those who have it are advanced collectors sitting on them. As they are difficult to get, collectors do not focus on them. They will just buy one or two just to represent the M1842 timeline.

At present, I only have 4 M42s and 1 M48.
You are right Amy. I agree with you. The oldest models are a target for advanced collectors and with good financial capacity.
They are mainly in great and old collection. In the next future I think they'll increase in demand and offer.

Back