JZP officers parade helmet

nzef1940

My latest, not mint by any means.

I am curious re the gold logo within the green silk liner, is it part of the makers details as per the ‘Markt Garde du Korps’ stamp on the leather liner band or the owners cartouche? Thanks all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7376.jpeg
    IMG_7376.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7374.jpeg
    IMG_7374.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7371.jpeg
    IMG_7371.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7370.jpeg
    IMG_7370.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7366.jpeg
    IMG_7366.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7374.jpeg
    IMG_7374.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7370.jpeg
    IMG_7370.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
AWS is the maker, which is known to be one of the higher quality makers of helmets. Awes Marke (A. Werner & Sohne) Berlin. Interestingly they also made medals, including their famous "AWS" Iron Cross 1st class that is highly collectible.

Congratulations on purchasing Rob's extra fine scoop he made off of eBay. The seller listed this at around 2 or 3 am in the morning, as I recall, out of Pennsylvania, or New Jersey. The seller had a couple of other helmets as well, including a Saxon enlisted M95 helmet. The seller found these on facebook, from someone who had them in a trunk, and they were going to throw them away, as I seem to recall. Fortunately they found the buyer on facebook who then resold them on eBay to Rob.

I believe this helmet configuration is for JzP regiments 1-7.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Many thanks Alan.
You're most welcome. Again, congratulations on purchasing this great helmet! (y)

Best Wishes,

Alan

P.S., here's my example that I was extremely lucky to find at a sleepy in person auction in Kansas City a number of years ago. Surprisingly with all the military collectors in the area, I had no competition except for some antique re-sellers who were buying antiques at the auction. Fortunately it was not an online auction.

4 Image for Craigslist Ad.jpg

Last edited:
My latest, not mint by any means.

I am curious re the gold logo within the green silk liner, is it part of the makers details as per the ‘Markt Garde du Korps’ stamp on the leather liner band or the owners cartouche? Thanks all in advance.
A little TLC is all you need, a nice find. Correct for Regts 1-4 & 7 Regts 5 & 6 would have black chin scales.
Cheers,
Dennis

Back