K W II shoulder strap display

KAGGR#1

Here is an older photo on file from 2016 .If anyone wants to see a photo of one certain regiment ,
I will try and post it .I have quite a few on file .It is hard to shoot photos with the glass on
and it takes more than 1 person to remove the glass cover .
SteveKaiser Wilhelm II  5  9  2016  McFarland collection.JPG

oooooow,...fantastic Steve,...what a collection..never saw so many together ( except from "Huis Doorn"-collection..)
absolutely gorgeous !

Thank you .That is a photo is from 2016 .Some of them came from Huis Doorn .
I am not sure now , but it must have been O K someway ,as
some of these were sold by Jan K. Kube in his catalog .
No secret deals . The first single strap that started my collection was some years ago .
It came with a signed photo of Kaiser Wilhelm II and the story was that the Kaiser
had a visitor and the Kaiser gave the strap to the visitor .It is a single with a double
underlay of yellow over white . So it can be 3 Garde Regt. zu Fuss or Garde Fusiliers
Steve

Hi Steve, what I know is that a lot of material was left behind in Germany during his flight and those pieces legally show up in the trade every now and then.
A lot of the items in Haus Doorn was made after 1918 because not everything was taken during his flight to the Netherlands.
Unfortunately, in recent decades a lot "disappeared" from the collection of Huis Doorn, to my knowledge, also due to poor inventory management, which makes checking extra difficult.
I myself have been invited a few times in the attic of Huis Doorn where the wardrobes with uniforms and suchlike are.
I think my last time must have been 10 years ago with a friend from Frankfurt and we had to come to the sad conclusion that a lot of items had been switched ...

My wife and I toured Huis Doorn in 2006 . I have photos from the 1980's that collector friends
of mine made me extra sets .Here was a lot of military out on display in the 1980's .
Not so much in 2006 .
I knew about the closet with all the uniforms. When I asked to see it , the tour
guide told me the closet was " closed : , he said that bugs had gotten into it .
I was not sure of that story .At any rate I was not allowed to see it .
Steve

+
My wife and I toured Huis Doorn in 2006 . I have photos from the 1980's that collector friends
of mine made me extra sets .Here was a lot of military out on display in the 1980's .
Not so much in 2006 .
I knew about the closet with all the uniforms. When I asked to see it , the tour
guide told me the closet was " closed : , he said that bugs had gotten into it .
I was not sure of that story .At any rate I was not allowed to see it .
Steve
Steve,

I also visited Doorn around 2006. I was stationed in Germany at the time and made a detour enroute to Europoort in Rotterdam while returning to the UK for some leave. I was the sole visitor at the time and therefore the only member of the guided tour. I too, did not see the closet!

Regards
Glenn

The closet is located at the very top of the attic.
One has to go through corridors and rooms that are normally also closed for visitors, which is why this is not open to the public.
It can only be viewed by invitation

I know. I visited Huis Doorn in '94, and in '96. Lots of military items were still visible those day's, but most were removed I heard later.
There still circulates a video on You-tube, were dutchman Boudewijn Buch was allowed to see the attic, and filmed there.

Thank you very much for the hint, Coert. I didn’t know the videos and also I don’t speak the dutch language it was very interesting :)

My pleasure Sandy, I hope you enjoyed the 2 episodes. Language can be a problem, but the images say's it all.
For other members interested, I can post the 2 links to those episodes, but I am not sure it is allowed.
The viewing of the items however, is a thing most people, including me, have never seen.
When I visited Huis Doorn, a lot was still on display, but not what you can see in these 2 episodes. That is a lot more.

coert ;
I would love to see the two links
If you can't post them
then please send them to me to my email
thanks
Steve

Steve,

Here the link to part 1 of Huis Doorn:

And here the link to Huis Doorn, part 2:

Part 2 shows the Amerongen castle, were Wilhelm II was at first. As well as Huis Doorn.

Enjoy Steve, language is all in Dutch, but the pictures and history speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Coert ;
Many thanks
I just finished part 1
The first uniform out was the 2 . Garde Dragoons with correct shoulder straps .
Then the Gala for the Garde Kurassiere I think with no shoulder straps
Next the Attila for 1 L H R 1
The helmet was for 2 . Garde Dragoons
I will watch part 2 later
Steve

Back