Kaiser and officers of the 1st Leib Husaren Regiment

The Kaiser and several of his children along with numerous officers of the 1LHR (Mackensen among them)
View attachment 34883
I see the Kaiser and the Crown prince
I also see the Kaiser 's daughter Victoria Louise , she was Chef of 2 L H R 2
the Crown Prince's wife , I think in the uniform of D R 8 ?
I think that the photo is of 1 L H R 1
Glenn can no doubt add a lot of info if he sees this photo
Steve
Steve

Glenn can no doubt add a lot of info if he sees this photo
I am fairly sure that a copy of this image was published in the Deutsches Soldaten Jahrbuch many years ago with the names of those pictured. Unfortunately much of my library is in storage prior to a house move.

I can positively ID a couple of the other officers from memory. The Leib-Husaren-Brigade, brigade commander, Eberhard Graf von Schmettow is the officer between the Kaiser and the Crown Prince. General der Kavallerie von Mackensen's son (and later Wehrmacht Generaloberst), Leutnant Eberhard von Mackensen is the officer with the monocle, third from the right on the back row. The photo dates later than Schmettow's 2 April 1912 appointment as brigade commander. The adjutant, standing extreme right I believe is Rittmeister Kurt Ritgen, the adjutant of the Leib-Husaren-Brigade.

Regards
Glenn

I am fairly sure that a copy of this image was published in the Deutsches Soldaten Jahrbuch many years ago with the names of those pictured. Unfortunately much of my library is in storage prior to a house move.

I can positively ID a couple of the other officers from memory. The Leib-Husaren-Brigade, brigade commander, Eberhard Graf von Schmettow is the officer between the Kaiser and the Crown Prince. General der Kavallerie von Mackensen's son (and later Wehrmacht Generaloberst), Leutnant Eberhard von Mackensen is the officer with the monocle, third from the right on the back row. The photo dates later than Schmettow's 2 April 1912 appointment as brigade commander. The adjutant, standing extreme right I believe is Rittmeister Kurt Ritgen, the adjutant of the Leib-Husaren-Brigade.

Regards
Glenn
Victoria Louise is wearing the Opossum fur busby
so I think the change from otter fur to opossum fur was 1912 or later ?
Steve

Regards
Glenn
Special thanks to Glenn
Steve

Back