Kaisermanöver 1913

Glennj

I suppose am I am very fortunate in having some very high quality scans of an original Tellgmann album and this certainly helps in identifying individuals in these groups (unlike many of the poor quality images one finds on the web). Now, the caption was not particularly helpful but the Kaiser wore the uniform of Leib-Kürassier-Regiment Nr. 1 for much of the 1913 manoeuvres so that pretty much gives us the year. I was interested in the Regiment Garde du Corps field officer looking in the direction of the Kaiser and this is where the high quality scans helps - he is wearing the cypher of a Flügel-Adjutant and therefore only one possibility; the commander of the Regiment Garde du Corps - Oberstleutnant Friedrich Graf von der Schulenburg. The Count was a very interesting character, one of the principle general staff officers throughout WW1 including that of chief of staff to the Crown Prince's Army Croup and a recipient of the Order pour le Mérite with oakleaves. In later years he became am Allgemeine SS-Obergruppenführer and died in 1939. The Kaiser is flanked by King Constantine of Greece and General der Infanterie von Moltke. The be-monacled Generaladjutant in the Überrock facing the camera is General der Infanterie von Loewenfeld.

Regards
Glenn

Kaisermanöver 1913.jpg

RGdC.jpg

QuSL.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone seen an actual GdC officer's Paletot? In museums or private collections? Much appreciated if someone have photos to share.

Back