Kaiser's Bunker Dunkelblau Shoulder Straps

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Brian L. has been after me to post some of my shoulder straps, so rather than make over 700 posts, here is a how my Dunkelblau shoulder straps look in Kaiser's room as of January 2016.

First, two shots of the two walls with the Dunkelblau strap boards.

1Kaisers_Bunker_Kavallerie_Schulterklappen_small.jpg

2Kaisers_Bunker_Schulterklappen_small.jpg

The Kavallerie board is coming along very nicely. Dragoner and Heavy Kavallerie are almost completed. Unfortunately the UR2 Epauletten are on loan from a friend and not mine. UR2 is the last pair of Epauletten I need to have all 26 Ulanen Regiments. So they are my highest pri target (for all of you grey-haired soldiers out of uniform). You will notice no Husaren straps as I just can't seem to find any of the cyphered Husaren Regiments. Jäger zu Pferd and Chevaulager are also proving to be elusive.

3Kavallerie_small.jpg

The Infanterie board is finally complete after 27 years. I now have straps representing all 193 Infanterie Regiments of the North German Confederation as of 1914. Bavarians are just red, (yawn) so I have all the cyphered Bavarians in a frame somewhere. I know a great many shoulder strap collectors, here and in Europe, I am not aware of any other person who has completed the set to get all 193 Regiments of the North German Confederation. If anyone is aware of another collector who pulled this off, I would appreciate hearing about it. As far as I know, I am the only one.

4Infanterie_small.jpg

Below are the Artillerie. Feldartillerie is still missing 21 straps (annoying), but Fußartillerie is complete.

5Artillerie_small.jpg

Then what I call "Everyone else". Jäger (top row) is missing only three straps, Pionier (rows 2 and 3) also missing only three straps, and Train (4th row) is missing a few. The rest of the Arms are in various states of complete.

6Jager_Pionier_Train_Verkehrstruppen_small.jpg

I can't think of a more colourful display. All the wartime straps and boards, are in a different location in the house. Same for the Totenkopf Regiments of Leib-Husaren, HR17 and IR92, those have their own display.

And while I am here,my want list for the Dunkelblau shoulder straps I am still missing: Click HERE

And the Feldgrau shoulder straps I am still missing: Click HERE.

OMG! That's a really super amazingly excellent collection Tony! Congratulations for your knowledge and patience to find these. I hope you find the (few) missing pieces soon!

Adler

Thank you, this is great.

Question; I recently picked up a board,white with a red cypher ( Crown over WRI) with a black and white piping boarder. Is this for a OYV in IR3?

Sounds like a Einjährig-Freiwilliger (OYV) in Grenadier-Regt. König Friedrich Wilhelm I (2.Ostpreußisches) Nr.3 (Königsberg i. Pr.) I Armee Korps . But without a photo, it's a guess.

Go to this page http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/New/infantry1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and go to the colour plates at the top. Those plates are from Das kleine Buch vom Deutschen Heere. (1900) Lipius & Tischer so they do not show all the cyphers, but most are there.

If not, start a new thread and that will get it ID'd. :thumbright:

aicusv said:
Question; I recently picked up a board,white with a red cypher ( Crown over WRI) with a black and white piping boarder. Is this for a OYV in IR3?

Wow, Beyond Fantastic! =D>

What an Incredible World Class Collection and Display! :bravo:

Congratulations Tony!

Best Regards,

Alan

Tony,
Indeed, formidastic! Should you have a nice spare Ku Regt "Koenigin" Nr 2 strap...please let me know...Thank you,
Francis

Tony without Kaiser said:
Sounds like a Einjährig-Freiwilliger (OYV) in Grenadier-Regt. König Friedrich Wilhelm I (2.Ostpreußisches) Nr.3 (Königsberg i. Pr.) I Armee Korps . But without a photo, it's a guess.

Go to this page http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/New/infantry1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and go to the colour plates at the top. Those plates are from Das kleine Buch vom Deutschen Heere. (1900) Lipius & Tischer so they do not show all the cyphers, but most are there.

If not, start a new thread and that will get it ID'd. :thumbright:

aicusv said:

Thank you, Your site is were I got my tentative ID. What had me question it, is IR110 is almost the same. Will try and post a photo. The piping is what lead me to IR 3.
Was the piping for a OYV always his State's colors?

I have so many questions about boards, but the most important one is; What would be the best written resource on boards?

At last....!! :D I have been hounding T for years to make a post on his amazing dunkelblau strap collection. This represents years of collecting effort and commitment to achieving a goal, a truly Olympic one! Congratulations Tony and thank you for posting :thumb up:

Tony- very impressive, a category I just have not been able to get into, have to keep the funds for helmets. I do have a nice grouping of Garde tabs you have seen before from the very early days of Ebay.

I am very impressed

Great job

James

Astounding! I have never seen anything like that. :eek: Even in the bavarian army museum they didn't have all the ulan epaulettes. And that is only two walls of your display room? I agree that if any person has a strap question, start a new thread. Lets keep this thread clean and keep it clean for questions about Tony's straps!

To the question from aicusv ;

A collector friend of mine Mike Kelso is working on a book
about I G shoulder straps .
It will be loaded with photos from Mike's own collection
as well as other private collections.
Tony's Uhlan epaulettes will be well shown in the book.
Just about every strap will be shown .
Enlisted straps as well as officers .
Here will be information on numbered straps .
All photos have been taken and the text is complete .
It all has been turned over to Neil Stewart of
Tiger III Books for publication .
Steve

Tony,

Having spent years trying to complete just the cyphered sets of the Dunkelblau era shoulder straps, I know how long it takes to put a collection like this together. And I didn't even attempt to get the numbered units! Everyone knows from your ship building project, to your cartridge case gathering, and on and on, just how determined and focused you can be. It's really amazing. So, tip of the hat to you for yet another fine assemblage.

Chip

Back