Kaiser's Bunker Resurrection - Wappens

Trench club...is the more general name...but Morgenstern-Morningstar is the correct name to these!! Often on a stake to unsaddle horsemen and to pierce the armor.
-in Dutch: the one with the large single spike on top is called "Goedendag"...."Good day"..as we say. We are friendly/polite people here in Flanders! Ask the French...[in 1302]

Attachments

• Boeheim_Morgenstern_01 (2).jpg
    Boeheim_Morgenstern_01 (2).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
it is indeed made from a pionieer shovel handle.
You better lay flat on your belly, when a guy was swiging that thing into your trench....and hoping he was standing up on the ridge, aming for heads....and that a bullet, coming from you don't know where,.... would stop him....

Ok, I am going back to bed in a minute!! ;):)

Very nice souvenir room🤔Tony. The idea of that island with those drawers super. I'd like to see it in person because the photos don't do the vibe justice.

Trench club...is the more general name...but Morgenstern-Morningstar is the correct name to these!! Often on a stake to unsaddle horsemen and to pierce the armor.
-in Dutch: the one with the large single spike on top is called "Goedendag"...."Good day"..as we say. We are friendly/polite people here in Flanders! Ask the French...[in 1302]

I like the good day name :ROFLMAO:

I've always thought the War Hammer to be a feared weapon with all the force being focused at one penetration point. No armor could stand up to that. :oops:

it is indeed made from a pionieer shovel handle.
You better lay flat on your belly, when a guy was swiging that thing into your trench....and hoping he was standing up on the ridge, aming for heads....and that a bullet, coming from you don't know where,.... would stop him....

Ok, I am going back to bed in a minute!! ;):)

It's hard to see someone making that in the field, that's a lot of work, but with a forge and the right tools anything is possible.

It's really also hard to see it fitting in with trench warfare. it goes against the trend of having shorter weapons for use in trench warfare to give you more mobility and quickness in the close fighting conditions of the trenches.

Soldiers and Assault troops much preferred Trench knives instead of the longer bayonets, the Kar98a being preferred over the longer gew98 and most of the trench mace/clubs seen in pictures are much much shorter.

Do you have any photos of anything similar from the period? I'd love to see some Documation? I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge. (y)

Certainly, a rare and unique piece that looks incredible. It really looks brutal. 😈

When you hear the term trench sweeper or cleaner in English people are referring to a shotgun (y)

Great! "Morgenstern"-"Morningstar". Love your collection's displays Kris!
Thank you!
The display is never finished...
It's a bit like the set up of a Marklin railway table when I was younger.
Best part is building it up, because after a while you get borred seeing the same trains going the same way, over and over...

Thank you!
The display is never finished...
It's a bit like the set up of a Marklin railway table when I was younger.
Best part is building it up, because after a while you get borred seeing the same trains going the same way, over and over...
I think you nailed it. I am constantly tweaking my displays as I get new stuff and have to fit in. Or just re-grouping things etc. The fun never ends!

It's hard to see someone making that in the field, that's a lot of work, but with a forge and the right tools anything is possible.

It's really also hard to see it fitting in with trench warfare. it goes against the trend of having shorter weapons for use in trench warfare to give you more mobility and quickness in the close fighting conditions of the trenches.

Soldiers and Assault troops much preferred Trench knives instead of the longer bayonets, the Kar98a being preferred over the longer gew98 and most of the trench mace/clubs seen in pictures are much much shorter.

Do you have any photos of anything similar from the period? I'd love to see some Documation? I'm always interested in expanding my knowledge. (y)

Certainly, a rare and unique piece that looks incredible. It really looks brutal. 😈

When you hear the term trench sweeper or cleaner in English people are referring to a shotgun (y)
I do understand what your are saying, but I stopped asking my self to many questions when buying something I fancy.
If the price is right and the item looks good, it's okay to me.
There is no one after me, so not to much concerns of what it will become.

I didn't research or documented it.
To much other things to do...
But I would appreciate any if I ever come by it.
This leaves me "things to do" if I ever realy got the time to do it. And the result might be dissappointing...

I do understand what your are saying, but I stopped asking my self to many questions when buying something I fancy.
If the price is right and the item looks good, it's okay to me.
There is no one after me, so not to much concerns of what it will become.

I didn't research or documented it.
To much other things to do...
But I would appreciate any if I ever come by it.
This leaves me "things to do" if I ever realy got the time to do it. And the result might be dissappointing...

Whoever made it did a fantastic job, unless ask I don't like to give opinions or appraisals as to the authenticity or value of other collectors' items.

I can tell you one thing for sure If I saw it or if it was offered to me, I would have bought it. Just like you ;)

Certain items just appeal to us as collectors and that one is appealing on many different levels and time periods. It looks Medieval and with a different pole I could see someone using it to unhorse someone or being used in the peasant's war.

Regardless Its a damn neat piece, congratulations on a really cool and well displayed collection (y)(y)

There is no harm done by asking!
Thanks for your appreciation.
Here is my medieval warhammer, probably a authentic time piece... (50 cm long)

Attachments

• WARHAMMER.jpeg
    WARHAMMER.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3
  • WARHAMMERRR.jpeg
    WARHAMMERRR.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WARHAMMERR.jpeg
    WARHAMMERR.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
Back