Kaiser's Bunker Resurrection - Wappens

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Methodically I am unpacking and setting up the new 'Kaiser's Bunker' in our new home.

I designed two large open-face cabinets which when back-to-back, provide a total of ten large slide-out trays (five per side), each being 50" wide and 25" deep. One side has all my Feldgrau Wartime shoulder straps etc., the other side (shown) was designed to hold all the Wappens. So after being packed away for over a year, I finally unpacked the Wappens and laid them in the new display trays.

My two main interest are the Totenkopf regiments and Baden (where my family is from) so they get the top two shelves. Slowly the Baden tray is getting populated, still missing some shoulder straps etc. But it's progressing.

On each tray I made a 'pad' out of automotive headliner material, which worked brilliantly.
I am quite pleased with the result. Delicious Canadian beer shown for scale. :eek:ccasion5:

KB2019_Display_Trays1.JPG

KB2019_Display_Trays2.JPG

KB2019_Wappens1.JPG

KB2019_Wappens2.JPG

KB2019_Wappens3.JPG

KB2019_Wappens4.JPG

KB2019_Wappens5.JPG

KB2019_Wappens6.JPG

Tony,

My apologies but you will need to move those wappens somewhere else! My sarcophagus will be going where those cases are!

Absolutely fantastic!!! It is your crowning achievement for collecting!

John

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing this amazing, world-class collection with us! :bravo:

And congratulations on building such a fantastic display unit for your wappen collection! =D>

Best Regards,

Alan

Back