Kaiserzeit Magazine

That is the last one I have...
Me too. I guess you could see which way the wind was blowing - looks like there was a 4 year gap between #52 and #53 - maybe #54 was their swan song. Alas. It would be great to see a revival, but doubt the same need is there in this digital era.

I had a couple of issues probably bought at the MAX in Pittsburgh , I was completely unaware of it. I became aware of Manions through a local militaria dealer who had copies. He also put me on to the MAX where he paid for tables. Manions had their current auction items on display there as well. To my knowledge, the CN dealer presence at this show was all of two, which continues to this day at the SOS. Obviously, it takes a lot of work to take militaria across the border for commercial purposes.

Just dug out my set of Kaiserzeit. My IGMCA number was 804 (aged 12). Missed the first few years, but managed to pick up a full set about 15 years ago.

That is the last one I have...
James:

Same here. I was an active member at that time and I recall "snail mailing" Eric Johansson re. "What's going on?" because I had just renewed my annual membership and hadn't received any magazines. So, I guess that was the last issue.

Did not Col. J. have a set at the S O S a few years ago ? There was another publication out
of Stockholm , Sweden by the very advanced helmet collector Jarl Hartze .
Jarl owned a music store and he sold and had instruments repaired
One of his publications was called " Capital Topics "
He came to the States several times and visited me a couple of times
I was able to acquire some nice items from Jarl .
Steve

Did not Col. J. have a set at the S O S a few years ago ? There was another publication out
of Stockholm , Sweden by the very advanced helmet collector Jarl Hartze .
Jarl owned a music store and he sold and had instruments repaired
One of his publications was called " Capital Topics "
He came to the States several times and visited me a couple of times
I was able to acquire some nice items from Jarl .
Steve
Steve I purchased Joes(Col.J) collection of Kaiserzeit magazines.

James

Nice to be retired and have time to spend on what many would consider frivolous pursuits.....

For anyone that's interested I put together a list of what I believe (based on issues I have and what I could glean from various editors comments) a list of what probably constitutes a complete set of Kaiserzeit. I think the set should have 61 issues more or less. The numbering sequence gets very confusing as the numbering logic was changed once and it looks like the issues got out of sequence at least once.

If interested I can send you what I came up with via an Excel file.

Cheers:
Steve

Nice to be retired and have time to spend on what many would consider frivolous pursuits.....

For anyone that's interested I put together a list of what I believe (based on issues I have and what I could glean from various editors comments) a list of what probably constitutes a complete set of Kaiserzeit. I think the set should have 61 issues more or less. The numbering sequence gets very confusing as the numbering logic was changed once and it looks like the issues got out of sequence at least once.

If interested I can send you what I came up with via an Excel file.

Cheers:
Steve
Steve I would love the file to see what I have against it!

email is [email protected]

thanks

James

Steve ;
Count me in also
When it is done I will get out my issues and see where I stand
Back in those old days , when a new member was listed and
his interest was helmets I tried to contact him via old
fashion mail as that was all there was it the time .
Steve

James and Steve

email sent your way.

I went through the magazines today to put the listing together and I noticed that there never was a complete listing of the membership published.

Most issues had a list of new members as well as changes of address or changes of interest, but with some where around 1,500 members I guess it would have been too long a list.

Steve
Thank you very much for the list. Great work and very helpful. I will check it against my set. I think I have a pretty complete set, but will now be able to find out!
All the best
Michael

Back