Kaserne in Stettin - then and now

qrak

One of grenadier barracs:

Main enter on Füsilier-Regiment Königin Viktoria von Schweden (1. Pommersches) Nr. 34

New artyllery barracks:
noweart.th.jpg

Soon will be more.
If any one is intrested ;)
Gruss aus sunny Stettin!

Great posting! Please post more. I have a big interest in Füs.-Rgt. Nr 34 and been meaning to travel to Stettin and have a look around. The Viktoria Kaserne I were on Körnerstrasse 75 now Sowińskiego, right? I believe it's part of the University now. Do you know if there are any other signs of the regiment left, maybe something in the museums? I know a lot ended up at the military museum in Rastatt after the disbandment of the Viktoria-Füsilier traditionsverband in 1983. Amongst it the Pour le Mérite and oakleaves of the kommandeur Krahe.

I've found a sketch on Viktoria Kaserne II on Friedrichstraße 17a now Gabriela Narutowicza 17a. Sadly only one building still standing.
k4thg.jpg

t58pB.png

But I find it weird, were Körnerstrasse and Friedrichstrasse this close? Here is a map from todays Sowińskiego. Were there two Körnerstrasse?
sp8t5.png

Here are some pictures I've got in my collection.
ONksP.jpg

uhLpe.jpg

The Queen of Sweden visiting her regiment.
eusLf.jpg

Her uniform is still preserved in the royal collection in Stockholm.
a1NMv.jpg

Please continue sharing.

Regards
Christian

Hi.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about signs left from this regiment in museums. After IIWW there where "hard times" for anything that remembered Germans.
The Viktoria Kaserne I were on Körnerstrasse 75 now Sowińskiego, right?
No. Sowińskiego 75 there were Pionier Kaserne. 34 Inf. Reg. Kaserne are on Narutowicza and Kusocińskiego.

Kusocińskiego:
http://maps.google.pl/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.418532,14.536538&spn=0.001666,0.004823&t=h&z=18

Enterance:

View on Kaserne from Kleiststrasse/Głowackiego

Werkstatt:
(front)

(right side)

View from "kitchen":
(3.Komp.)

(1.Komp.)

Few other pics:

Narutowicza:

And Piece of map from 1907:

Gruss aus Stettin

Really great pictures.
Thanks for sorting out todays streetnames. Are all the buildings part of the university now?
Do you know which buildings were used by FR34's traditionsträger Infanterie Regiment 5, Kompanie 3 and 4?

I guess the third battalion's kaserne in Swinemünde is torn down? I have not been able to find anything in todays Świnoujście that resembles anything Kaserne-like.

Grüss aus Schweden.

Hello.
razputin said:
Are all the buildings part of the university now?
No. Buildings of university are on Kusocińskiego str. The rest have now multiple adoption (hotel, offices etc.)

Do you know which buildings were used by FR34's traditionsträger Infanterie Regiment 5, Kompanie 3 and 4?
I don't have an idea.

I guess the third battalion's kaserne in Swinemünde is torn down? I have not been able to find anything in todays Świnoujście that resembles anything Kaserne-like.
In Shwinemunde I was many years ago so I can't help You.

Soon I will go with camera on another tour on Stettiner Kaserne :)

Gruss aus sonnige Stettin.[/quote]

and been meaning to travel to Stettin and have a look around.
You are very welcome guest here. Just simply give a sign that You are in Stettin ;)
Come inside:

:)

Today i tok many pictures. Now i have no power to get it organize. So I just paste link to my facebook site about Stettiner past:
Kaserne (not finished):
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.138497582889142.30422.100001867020841
Hauptfriedhoff (just have to see it!)
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.145239178881649.36707.100001867020841

Back